The Parking and Transportation Host I will provide world class guest service by extending a warm welcome, assisting guests in finding appropriate parking and/or direction, and answering questions regarding Biltmore and the surrounding area while ensuring a safe, orderly environment. This position will also provide transportation (courtesy van only), including transport of guests or employees, as needed.
- High school diploma (or GED) education is required.
- At least six (6) months of related experience in a guest contact/service, education, or other similar field is required. The ideal candidate will have had the same or similar experience working in an upscale hotel/resort/attraction environment.
- Demonstrated commitment to delivering world class internal and external guest service as part of a dynamic team.
- Successful completion of all required training. Ability to quickly acquire knowledge of estate history, products and services, and the Asheville area and Western North Carolina required.
- Ability to proactively engage with guests in a sincere way and identify opportunities to share stories and/or suggestively sell and cross-promote other estate products and services as appropriate.
- Must be proactive and be comfortable taking initiative where appropriate; ability to exercise good judgment and prioritize work is essential.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills; should be able to communicate clearly, concisely, and effectively with different audiences.
- Ability to problem solve and think creatively; should have strong guest service recovery skills and be able to handle a variety of situations in a professional manner consistent with Biltmore standards.
- Ability to work successfully in a high contact guest service area.
- Ability to represent Biltmore and the Parking & Transportation department with professionalism and in a manner consistent with company standards at all times.
- Must have a valid driver’s license, a clean driving record for the past three (3) years, and be at least 19 years of age.
· Ability to sit, stand or walk in all types of weather for up to twelve (12) hours per day with fluctuations in temperature and conditions.
· Ability to lift 30 to 50 pounds occasionally.
· Ability to drive for long periods of time.
· Ability to drive in both daylight and darkness.
· Ability to drive and disseminate information at the same time.