POSITION: Parking Coordinator
REPORTS TO: Parking Manager
FLSA STATUS: Salaried, Exempt
SMG, the leader in privately managed public assembly facilities has an excellent and immediate opening for a Parking Coordinator at the Greater Columbus Convention Center.
Responsible for the overall coordination of the parking department and its operations.
• Supervise daily activities of supervisors and cashiers in the parking department to ensure compliance to expectations
• Drive though and/or walk parking facilities daily checking on facility, cashier booth and lane cleanliness and that the correct signage is in place
• Provides leadership and team building, communicates policies and operational information, and works to ensure safety
• Coordinate new hire training for parking department employees
• Performs spot checks on parking transactions for all cashiers
• Monitors performance of parking personnel and prepares periodic performance evaluations.
• Monitors employee attendance daily notifying Parking Manager of any violations of company policy.
• Review and submit payroll on a bi-weekly basis
• Handles customer issues and inquiries. Promote positive customer relations by being responsive and attentive to customer needs
• Monitors and orders inventory of supplies and equipment
• Reports on operating status of parking equipment
• Prepares parking staff schedules on a weekly basis. Verifies accuracy of schedule when inputted into payroll tracking software
• Orders event rate tickets on a weekly basis based on upcoming demand
• Develops and maintains a cooperative team-building environment. Provides a positive role model encouraging open communication and positive solution based problem solving
• Assists the Parking Manager with reviewing shift paperwork, compilation of operating management reports, review parking system activity reports, attending meetings, auditing, new hire interviewing and administering progressive discipline
• All other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the Parking Manager
Knowledge: Must have proven knowledge in parking practices and procedures including cashiering duties, monetary reconciliation, customer service and have a clear understanding of computerized parking systems.
Experience: Must be a high school graduate or equivalent (College Degree preferred). Minimum two years of management/supervisory experience in parking. Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Skills/Aptitudes: This position requires the ability to interact with all types of people. Must be able to get along with co-workers, customers, vendors and visitors to the facility. This position requires the ability to respond politely to all individuals and work well as a team player. Computer literacy with proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel. Excellent organizational skills with a high attention to detail.
Working Conditions: Ability to work a varied schedule – nights and weekends. Ability to work in all elements of weather. Ability to perform minor physical tasks including the ability to lift up to twenty pounds. A valid Ohio driver’s license and the ability to drive to visit parking facilities.
This position offers a competitive salary and benefit package. Resumes must include salary requirements for consideration and may be sent to:
Greater Columbus Convention Center
400 N High Street
Columbus, Ohio 43215
No Phone Calls
SMG is an Equal Opportunity Employer
SMG World - 20 months ago