POSITION: PARKING COORDINATOR
REPORTS TO: Assistant Parking Manager
FLSA STATUS: Full-time Hourly Exempt
SMG, the leader in privately managed public assembly facilities has an excellent and immediate opening for a Parking Coordinator at Reliant Park in Houston, Texas. Reliant Park is in the fast lane for opportunity and excitement. We are a one of a kind premier facility with four major venues within one giant park. Reliant Center (one million+ sq. ft. Convention Center), Reliant Stadium (home of the Houston Texans and The Houston Livestock Show & Rodeo), Reliant Astrodome (“The” Astrodome), and Reliant Arena. We are seeking a unique Parking Coordinator person to join our Parking team. The Parking Coordinator under direct supervision of the parking supervisory team, is responsible for thorough supervision, and coordination of direct personnel, subcontractors and vendors. Responsible for the daily oversight of Parking’s outside operations, cashier vault and event signs by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate supervisors. Also, acts as liaison between the facility and clients, ensuring all clients’ requirements are met and facility rules, regulations and policies are adhered to.
• Responsible for traffic control of all events.
• Maintains labor on all events and ensures labor is within the projected guideline.
• Responsible for informing and communicating event information to the Parker Supervisors, Cashier Supervisors and other staff.
• Responsible for set up/tear down of all events.
• Responsible for preparation, set up, organization and placement of all vehicle directional signs and pedestrian signs.
• Ensures all signs are compliant with Reliant Park standards.
• Responsible for programming and maintenance of all DMS signs.
• Responsible for any permits needed for sign placement.
• Responsible for filing permits for road closures.
• Works directly with Outside Police to ensure proper traffic control.
• Works directly with Outside Police to minimize labor.
• Roof staff for traffic control on all large events.
• Responsible for daily audits and surveillance of parking gates.
• Works extended and/or irregular hours including nights, weekends and holidays, as needed.
• Responsible for maintaining all equipment.
• Handles ordering and maintaining all additional equipment needed for events.
• Maintains correspondence with all subcontractors and vendors.
• Works directly with all Event Managers to ensure all requests are handled effectively.
• Oversees all aspects of parking and traffic operations including event coordination, staffing of parkers, lead parkers, parking supervisors, cashiers, cashier supervisors, and office supervisors.
• Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with SMG’s policies and applicable laws. These responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding; disciplining employees in conjuction with Human Resources; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
• Attend all meetings as required.
Position requires ability to:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be required to work both indoors and outdoors as required by the function.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
• Possess understanding of the operational procedures, facility capabilities, industry terminology, event-related services, and technical requirements for the types of events anticipated at the facility.
• Understand and work from general instructions, specifications, blueprints, sketches and preventative maintenance schedules.
• Follow all policies/procedures, risk management, safety precautions, rules, regulations and emergency procedures established at the facility.
• Demonstrate ability to carry out tasks in a reliable, productive and expedient manner and be able to adhere to strict deadlines.
• Maintain an effective working relationship with clients, employees, exhibitors, patrons and others encountered in the course of employment.
• Organize and prioritize work from event overviews and task lists to meet deadlines. Work effectively under pressure and/or stringent schedule and produce accurate results.
• Operate a personal computer using Windows, Word, Excel, E-mail, Internet and other Parking Systems software.
• Be proficient in sign/graphic programs.
• Handle multiple projects and assignments.
• Follow oral and written instructions and communicate effectively with others in both oral and written form.
• Work independently, exercising judgement and initiative.
• Work in a fast paced environment.
• Remain flexible and adjust to situations as they occur.
• Position is routinely required to work outdoors and is exposed to the elements (heat, rain, etc.)
• Position may require lifting, climbing, carrying, bending, stooping, and kneeling.
• Ability to work long and irregular hours that may vary due to functions and may include day, evening, weekends and holidays.
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year college or university and two (2) years related experience and/or training in the public assembly industry in a supervisory type position; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
This position offers a competitive salary and benefits package. Resumes MUST INCLUDE salary requirements for consideration and may be sent to:
Human Resources Manager
One Reliant Park
Houston, Texas 77054
No phone calls please
SMG is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/W/V/D
SMG World - 15 months ago