Parking Enforcement Agent
Facilities Management Administration
Main Campus (Houghton, MI)
Full-Time Equivalent (1.0=100%)
Salary or Hourly Rate
11.50 per hour
Position Duration Dependent on External Funding?
Title of Position Supervisor
Parking Control Officer
Position Summary Information
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Job Description Summary
Under the direction of the Parking Control Officer, this position will coordinate the operations, activities, and functions of the University’s parking control program.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities (other duties may be assigned)
• Operate parking violation notices equipment
• Understand all parking requirements and regulations
• Issue citations to all parking violators
• Be familiar with all parking lots and facilities on campus
• Provide stranded motorist assistance
• Operate and maintain all parking lot gate equipment
• Understand the parking enforcement software system and provide backup operation supports
• Be familiar with the Banner system for interface with the PVN system
• Maintain and ensure cleanliness of all Transportation Services vehicles
• Assist and train student parking enforcement agents
• Provide backup during absences of the Parking Control Officer
Required Education (minimum requirements)
• High school diploma or equivalent combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and abilities can be acquired.
Required Experience (minimum requirements)
• Successfully pass an extensive background check.
• Parking or law enforcement experience.
• Apply safety-related knowledge, skills, and practices to everyday work.
Desirable Education and/or Experience
• Extensive public contact involving enforcement of established standards or requirements
• Supervisor experience
Required Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities (minimum requirements)
• Ability to read, write, interpret instructions, and perform basic arithmetic calculations, (typically acquired through the completion of a high school diploma.)
• Ability to operate a motorized vehicle, and possession of a valid Michigan Driver’s License with a satisfactory driving record.
• Ability to effectively diffuse situations with people who may be verbally or physically combative, while maintaining a calm composure.
• Basic personal computing skills, including the ability to operate word processing programs, spreadsheet applications, e-mail applications, file management functions, and parking notice tracking software.
• Ability to document information with a high level of accuracy both on paper and via a computer-based report writing system.
• Ability to communicate effectively across cultural boundaries and work harmoniously with diverse groups of students, faculty, and staff.
• Ability to accept criticism and deal calmly and effectively with high stress situations
• Demonstrated commitment to contribute to a safe work environment.
Desirable Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities
Language, Mathematical, and/or Reasoning Skills
Work Environment and/or Physical Demands
Ability to lift up to 50 pounds in order to move traffic barricades, traffic signs, and empty coins from parking meters.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee must regularly work in all outdoor weather conditions including blizzards, storms, hail, wind, rain, fog, extreme heat, extreme cold and sunshine.
Posting Detail Information
Internal & External Posting
Internal Posting Date
External Posting Date
Open Until Filled
Special Instructions to Applicants (if applicable)
The minimum experience requirements for this posting have been changed. The posting has been revised and will be re-posted on 07/09/2013.