This is routine work in the enforcement of parking regulations. Employees in this class are responsible for the patrol of assigned geographical areas on foot or by of motor vehicle to inspect vehicle parking and issue citations as necessary. Work may be performed during adverse weather conditions. General supervision is provided through observation of work in progress and review of citations issued. Employees in this class are responsible for safe guarding property and patrons at City owned parking facilities. Incumbent will write parking citations for all parking violations stated within Chapter 72 of the Code.
1. Patrols assigned areas to inspect for adherence to motor vehicle parking regulations.
2. Writes citations and affixes to vehicles; explains procedures for disposition of citations.
3. Explains parking regulations to public, provides directions; informs public of available parking facilities.
4. Reports damage to parking meters and signage.
5. Completes reports of incidents occurring in assigned areas.
6. Utilizes mobilization restriction device or contacts towing company for vehicles with unpaid parking violations.
7. Operates hand held computer device for issuance of citations.
8. Provides supervisor with daily reports as required.
9. Relays directives and provides information to pedestrians and motorists.
10. Provides testimony in court regarding parking violations.
11. Assists supervisor in reviewing city-wide enforcement zones for increased coverage.
12. Monitors and issues parking violations to Valet parking.
13. Assists and explains usage of master meters to the public.
14. Informs supervisor of maintenance issues such as shrubbery and potholes and responds to calls for assistance.
15. Patrols municipal parking facilities on foot or motorized vehicles for parking violations, vandalism, theft, graffiti, and reports to proper supervisor.
16. Assists with traffic control in and around public parking garage.
17. Informs supervisor of accidents, emergencies, potentially hazardous traffic conditions, report broken meters and master meters, missing or damaged signs and malfunctioning traffic lights, on the street, in the lots and in all municipal facilities.
18. Performs related work as required for this position description only.
Certification as a Parking Enforcement Specialist. Graduation from high school or GED; plus three (3) years experience in an occupation requiring public contact, or an equivalent combination of training and experience. Must possess a valid State of Florida Driver’s License.
**Note to Applicants: Applicants who are considered for employment will be required to pay $55.00 for the background investigation. The City of Hollywood has an Ordinance which regulates the employment of relatives of City employees. Also, as of 12/15/2005 the City will require all newly hired employees to sign an affidavit affirming non-usage of tobacco or tobacco products within the last year prior to submission of application and will continue to be a non-user of tobacco products throughout employment with the City of Hollywood. REASONABLE ACCOMMODATION: The Employment Office will make reasonable efforts in the examination and workplace to accommodate persons with disabilities. Please advise Human Resources of special needs by calling (954) 921-3216. The City of Hollywood is an Equal Opportunity / Equal Access Employer.
City of Hollywood, FL - 20 months ago