POSITION: Parking Manager
DEPARTMENT: Event Services
REPORTS TO: Event Services Director
FLSA STATUS: Salaried-Exempt
SMG, the leader in privately managed public assembly facilities has an excellent and immediate opening for a Parking Manager at SMG Lincoln. Under the supervision of the Director of Event Services, the Parking Manager will handle all parking, traffic, and staffing issues at Pinnacle Bank Arena.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Include the following. Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned
• Study all events at Pinnacle Bank Arena and Pinewood Bowl Theater and schedule the appropriate number of personnel to handle all traffic and parking on site.
• Work closely with Event Coordinators on timing of traffic flow for the Arena and the needs to divide or reserve portions of the parking area.
• Work closely with Lincoln Police Department on all events maintaining traffic flow into lots for events. Also assist police with keeping a sharp eye out for illegal activity in the parking lot and around the building.
• Work closely with the City of Lincoln on closing streets and placing portable signs as needed.
• Responsible for the coordinating and selling parking for all home Husker football games.
• Hire and train staff.
• Set up all equipment needed for parking control during events including cones, barricades and signs.
• Maintain inventory of all parking lot related equipment and uniforms.
• Prevent distribution of fliers and other advertising material in parking lots.
• Provide accounting with final billing within 24hours following event.
• Assist patrons who have “car challenges” at the end of events.
• Act in a professional manner with clients, employees, patrons and others encountered in the course of employment.
• Provide the best service possible to every client, patron and vendor.
• Work extended and/or irregular house including nights weekends and holidays as needed.
Position requires the ability to:
• Meet the physical demands of the job, which include being able, to get in and around the facility (requires personal mobility), lifting, carrying, moving, climbing and moderate to loud noises.
• Operate equipment such as light trucks, gator, carts, hand trucks and light power driving equipment.
• Operate a computer using Word, Excel, Outlook; portable radio and other related standard office equipment.
• Follow oral and written instructions and communicate effectively with others in both oral and written form.
• Organized and prioritize work to meet deadlines.
• Work effectively under pressure and/or stringent schedule and produce accurate results.
• Maintain an effective working relationship with clients, employees, patrons and others encounter in the course of employment
• Have a valid State of Nebraska drivers license
• Remain flexible and adjust to situations as they occur.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
A high school diploma and 3 years of related experience in parking and security.
This position offers a competitive salary and benefit package. Resumes must include salary requirements for consideration and may be sent to:
Pinnacle Bank Arena
226 Centennial Mall South
Lincoln, NE 68508
No Phone Calls Please
SMG is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/W/V/D
SMG World - 16 months ago