o The University of Oregon Department of Parking and Transportation invites applications for two full-time positions as Campus Parking Representative (Parking Services Representative).
o These are classified positions represented by SEIU local 503, Oregon Public Employees Union.
o University of Oregon positions that are at least half-time are eligible for excellent benefits, including health and dental, employer-paid retirement, tuition benefits for employee or an eligible dependent, and sick and vacation leave.
o Due to budgetary shortfalls, the person appointed to this position will be required to take unpaid furlough days between date of hire and June 30, 2013.
o This recruitment is open to any applicant who meets the qualifications listed below. TO QUALIFY YOU MUST HAVE:
Prefer experience enforcing rules and policies.
- Excellent customer service skills and the ability to communicate professionally with individuals who may be agitated or unhappy.
- Ability to represent UO Parking and Transportation department in a positive manner in communications with faculty, staff, students, alumni, and members of the public from diverse backgrounds and cultures.
- Ability to work independently.
- Basic computer skills and ability to maintain reports.
- Ability to understand, follow, and explain policies and make logical decisions.
- Ability to detect problems and report information to appropriate personnel.
- Valid driver's license and good driving record.
Position is subject to criminal background check. DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
This position applies knowledge of UO Parking Rules and Regulations, Oregon Administrative Rules dealing with parking, and carries out the departmental mission while patrolling regulated parking areas at the University of Oregon. Duties include:
... assisting visitors and guests in finding proper parking areas and giving directions for all forms of transportation to and around campus; patrolling regulated parking areas, identifying violators, issuing citations, and booting and towing vehicles when necessary; reporting maintenance needs; assisting departmental maintenance staff with collection and minor machine upkeep.
... maintaining a variety of records, including daily reports outlining the number of customer interactions, log of the number of vehicles booted or towed daily, and occupancy counts; downloading reports from handheld devices.
... providing information and responding to questions from the campus community regarding parking regulations, violations, and other parking issues; participating in special events and other opportunities to educate the campus community on parking and transportation issues.
To assist us in making the selection for this position, please respond to the following questions on a separate sheet(s) of paper. Number your responses to correspond to the questions and describe your experience and training related to each item. Make sure your experience and training described in your responses are included in your application.
1. This position is responsible for enforcing rules and regulations and may have to deal with agitated or unhappy individuals. Describe experience you have had in working with difficult people, especially where you had to communicate rules or procedures.
2. This position works independently and follows routines in checking parking lots and metered spaces for parking violations, but also must respond to unexpected events such as providing parking instructions, taking survey's or traffic management. Describe experience that demonstrates your ability to work successfully in this manner.
3. This position plays an important role in representing the University of Oregon to the public. Describe experience you have had representing an organization in a professional and positive manner in dealings with others. Describe experience that demonstrates your ability to communicate effectively with individuals from diverse backgrounds and cultures.
4. Describe your experience maintaining data and preparing reports. Please give examples. WORKING CONDITIONS:
Position requires ability to stand and walk continuously for up to eight hours in all types of weather and may be exposed to vehicle exhaust; ability to lift or carry up to 20 pounds.