Please apply on-line immediately. Applications will be accepted until position is filled.
The City of Santa Rosa welcomes applications for the position of Temporary Parking Supervisor, to fill a temporary vacancy in the Parking Division of the Economic Development and Housing Department. This position will provide supervision for (6) maintenance workers and oversee the maintenance of 5 parking structures, 10 surface lots and approximately 1,450 on-street parking spaces.
Successful candidates will possess experience with Parking and/or Facilities Management, supervision, and budget administration.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Typical duties will include the following:
• Identify project priority in collaboration with the Parking Program Coordinator and direct maintenance staff in implementing those projects
• Oversee maintenance and repairs of parking facilities and repairs of parking facilities equipment, including equipment permits and licenses
• Plan and implement nonstructural repairs
• Monitor and inspect work in progress and upon completion by consultants and contractors
• Assist in the preparation of and administration of the parking operating budget, monitor expenses, and prudently allocate resources to accomplish maintenance activities
• Provide project planning and mobilization support to maintenance staff
• Oversee the collection and control of parking meter coin revenues
• Coordinate, schedule and evaluate staff in performance of assigned duties
• Carry out and participate in a variety of information collection activities, such as fact finding pertinent to disciplinary actions, performance evaluations, complaints and operating issues
• Recommend, negotiate, coordinate, prepare and monitor service contracts
• Maintain appropriate inventory levels necessary for staff to perform work and address necessary repairs
• Directly respond to and resolve citizen complaints and inquiries and provide guidance to subordinate staff in complaint resolution
• Recommend improvements to troubleshoot, repair or exchange automated parking equipment
• Inspect parking facilities and ensure proper correction of problems related to physical condition
• Receive and act upon emergency calls