Hyannis, MA, Full-Time/Year-Round
This position plans, organizes, directs, coordinates, and controls all Part 135 maintenance operations and influences a multi-functional organization for base maintenance operations to ensure activities are accomplished in accordance with Company policies, FAR’s, Company and OEM maintenance programs, and other governmental regulations.
- Provide leadership to the Maintenance department in a manner that assures that safety, regulatory compliance and reliability of the airline.
- Ensuring the Maintenance Manual System contains detailed policies and procedures that meet regulatory and Operations Specifications requirements
- Obtaining applicable Maintenance Manual System revision acceptance/approval from the Certificate Holding District Office (CHDO) per the AAG
- Operate the Maintenance department in an efficient and economical manner
- Direct the Maintenance department functions in accordance with approved budgets, established Company policies and procedures and applicable 14 CFR regulations
- Ensure the Maintenance department performs assigned functions as required and the Continuous Airworthiness Maintenance Program (CAMP) properly provides clean, reliable and airworthy aircraft for Company flight operations requirements
- Ensure aircraft are maintained in a current state of airworthiness and all Maintenance actions are in accordance with applicable FARs, Maintenance Operations Specifications and applicable Company manuals and procedures
- Provide adequate maintenance facilities, materials, equipment, and staffing for assigned Maintenance department functions
- Delegate duties to specific personnel as necessary
- Oversees organizing, directing, coordinating, and control of the maintenance operations in the assigned hub and influences a multi-functional organization for base and RON maintenance operations to ensure activities are accomplished in accordance with Company policies, FAR's, Company and OEM maintenance programs and other governmental regulations
- Oversees design of work tasks and assigning of qualified personnel to best achieve the desired end product considering airworthiness, aircraft availability and economics
- Oversees coordination of resources including but not limited to manpower, tooling and equipment as necessary to meet or exceed safety standards, accomplish the existing or forecasted work scopes for all operation aircraft
- May direct operational checks on systems after Maintenance work has been performed
- Serves as a Member of the AD Board
- Responsible for AD accomplishment, recording and routing of records
- Responsible to ensure that scheduled tasks are accomplished
- Responsible to support accomplishment of FCDs as applicable
- Responsible to review for completeness and forward Repairman Certificate applications to the DQC
- Organizes, coordinates and directs all activities associated with management of Company's materials
- Establishes and implements policies and methods to ensure early identification and procurement of required materials to utilize the full extent of current inventories
- Additional duties as assigned
- Hold a mechanic certificate with airframe and power plant ratings, and have held these ratings for at least three years, required
- Have 3 year experience in a position responsible for returning airplanes to service, required
- At least 5 years of experience in a supervisory capacity maintaining the same category and class of aircraft as the certificate holder uses, strongly preferred
- Repairing airplanes in a certificated airframe repair station that is rated to maintain airplanes in the same category and class of airplanes as the certificate holder
- Knowledge of the FARs, aviation safety standards, safe operating practices and the Operations Specifications.
- Must exhibit exceptional knowledge of Cape Air and must embody the Cape Air MOCHA HAGoTDI spirit
JOB REFERENCE NUMBER: #2013232
TO APPLY: Please complete our online employment application by clicking HERE .
DEADLINE TO APPLY: Monday September 23, 2013
Cape Air has served Island-markets with a focus on leisure travel since 1989 and is experienced with the unique transportation needs of...