The Part Time Accounts Payable Assistant will be responsible for providing administrative and accounts payable support to the Accounting department. This position will work closely under the supervision of the AP Accountant to ensure all invoices are entered in a timely manner for each week’s check run.
• Process vendor invoices in Mas90 Accounts Payable system each week.
• Match checks to invoices for review and signature.
• File all paid vendor invoices each week; setting up new files as needed and keeping files well organized.
• Mail out vendor payments.
• Distribute checks to staff as needed.
• Open, date stamp and distribute accounts payable invoices to appropriate staff as needed.
• Other duties as needed or as time allows given accounting knowledge and skills.
• Degree & Certifications (required and preferred):
o High School Diploma required
o Bachelors Degree in Accounting preferred
• Skills (required and preferred):
o Ability to maintain organized files is critical
o Ability to process large volumes of vendor invoices during the peak summer months
o Attention to detail and ability to meet deadlines is mandatory
o Ability to interact well with all levels of staff and executives
o Ability and desire to work as a team with other members of the Accounting Dept
o Working knowledge of accounting principles and accounting operations a plus; desire to work in an accounting department is required
o Ability to multitask and complete open items in a timely manner
o Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Knowledge (required and preferred):
o Required knowledge of accounts payable operations and processes
o Understanding of accounting principles and accounting operations required; desire to work in an accounting department is required
o Knowledge of MAS90 a plus
• Minimum number of years experience and in what area of focus (required and preferred):
o Minimum 1-2 years working in the accounts payable area
How many regular employees is this position directly supervising? ___0___
How many temporary employees is this position directly supervising? ___0___
Please note any other relevant information for this position, such as travel or on call requirements, telecommuting, etc.
• Must be able to work 2-3 days/week and 16-24 hours/week
Envision EMI is proud to be an E/O/E!