The Associate Producer I will assists in the production of ESPN Audio content for over-the-air and digital distribution; communicates daily expectations as delivered by program director, and is directly involved with all weekend programming content.
ESPN, Inc., The Worldwide Leader in Sports, is the leading multinational, multimedia sports entertainment company featuring the broadest portfolio of multimedia sports assets with over 50 business entities. Headquartered in Bristol, Connecticut, ESPN is 80% owned by ABC, Inc. (a subsidiary of The Walt Disney Company), and 20% by the Hearst Corporation.
ESPN was founded by Bill Rasmussen and launched on September 7, 1979. Now with over 6,500 employees, each year ESPN televises more than 5,100 live and/or original hours of sports programming. The company’s mission is to serve sports fans. Anytime. Anywhere.
• Producing all rejoins/opens/sponsored feature elements/etc for designated shows and sponsored elements around other programming.
• Gathers all of the sound from day /weekends games, (pxp and SOT).
• Responsible for the maintenance of the show’s web page,
Posts and maintains podcasts from the show.
• When show is on the road, sole individual for running the show from the studios.
• Books guests for program appearances.
• Maintains thorough knowledge of daily stories in major publications and wire services.
• Responsible for adhering to systems and procedures to ensure organization and efficiency in Production Reports, Rundown Reports and Idea Reports.
• Understands and executes ESPN Audio priorities in planning show rundowns.
• Masters procedures and skills necessary to be a leader in the control room.
• Be effective in phone call screening; Drop callers not on-topic, edit callers, “produce” callers to enhance segments.
•Train others in these skills.
• Minimum of two years’ experience in a network or local radio sports environment.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
• High school diploma or equivalent.
Imagine a career with an organization that brings smiles to millions every day. Imagine working with people whose passion for what they do is simply indescribable. We are The Walt Disney Company, live with a rich legacy of innovation, entertainment, and lifelong memories. With our vast array of both businesses and professionals, you’ll have the opportunity to join a team that’s beloved around the world, and to find out how it feels to love what you do. We invite you to discover for yourself why a career with Disney is the opportunity you‘ve been looking for.
ESPN, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Our goal is to create an inclusive workplace for all.
ESPN, Inc. - 17 months ago
ESPN, Inc. The Worldwide Leader in Sports, is the leading multinational, multimedia sports entertainment company featuring the broadest...