This position is Part Time; 6am-2:30pm every other Saturday and Sunday. We are seeking an EXPERIENCED cook that can follow established policies and procedures as directed by the Dietary Manager. Ability to run the kitchen when needed, serve a well-balanced meal and maintain a clean and sanitary dining hall. Must have ability to work well with the residents and staff in our facility.
Our Cook will follow established policies and procedures as directed by the Dietary Manager. You will cook & prepare meals & maintain a clean and sanitary dining hall.
Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Preparing (and serves when necessary) nourishing meals and other foods as required to support the menu specific to diet orders.
- Reviewing food menus and work orders to determine type and quantities of food to be prepared.
- Preparing meals according to planned menus and standardized recipes in a sanitary manner to ensure the utmost in quality with a minimum of waste.
- Reviewing menus to identify all foods required for therapeutic diets before preparing food.
- Must be willing to think on your feet & change direction when needed, to meet the resident’s dietary needs and individual menu choices. Wage is DOE.
Minimum 2 years of Healthcare cooking experience preferred.
Drug testing as applicable by state law.