Job Posting Title
Part Time Customer Service Associate-Syracuse, NY
Grainger is a global leading broad line supplier of facilities maintenance products serving businesses and institutions. Our 18,000 employees are driven to serve customers and the community in exceptional ways focusing on delivering the highest level of service. The Grainger team works closely with customers to better understand their challenges and provide cost-saving solutions. Grainger's employees serve customers more than 115,000 times every day through multiple channels. As part of a high-performing team, you'll be able to develop your talents, and make a difference. Grainger is a Fortune 500 company and a perennial member of Fortune magazine's Most Admired Companies list.
The Customer Service Associate works through multiple service channels to consistently provide a high level of customer service, as defined in the Grainger Service Promise. They navigate customers to solutions that help them get the job done and they drive sales growth by engaging in actions that identify leads for further selling opportunities with every customer.
Grainger’s typical operating hours are Monday through Friday from 7 a.m. – 5 p.m. Looking for a flexible candidate to work 20-30 per week during normal business hours.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Executes the Grainger Service Promise and demonstrates, by action, the company Values.
- Assists customers in the selection of product by effectively communicating product and service offerings over the phone or in person.
- Uses the SAP system to provide information on pricing, availability and alternate product selection to complete customer transactions. Asks for the sale and goes after additional sales.
- Utilizes effective probing and listening skills to generate lead opportunities. Recognizes and responds to cross-sell opportunities and is able to successfully convert inquiries into orders.
- Resolves customer problems promptly and accurately in a manner that will retain and promote customer loyalty.
- Uses the CIC to efficiently record and process orders, faxes, pending returns, returns, debits, credits, sourcing orders, inquiries, feedback and quotes. Captures lost sales to improve local inventory.
- Accurately picks will call and counter orders. Ensures will call orders are ready when the customer arrives. Records daily will call ready rate. Audits and purges pick tickets daily to meet BBX standards.
- Guides customers to other internal resources such as Technical Support, Credit, Grainger Parts and Sourcing or Sales as necessary.
- Meets established volumes for number of calls taken or customer interactions handled and can adhere to a strict schedule.
- Takes personal ownership for meeting established individual and team metrics. Consistently executes on all BBX requirements.
- Meets or exceeds monitoring standards on phones and at counter.
- Assists customers with loading product into customer vehicle.
- Works effectively with others in a team environment to accomplish organizational goals and to identify and resolve problems.
- Participates in all required training to ensure proper compliance of HAZMAT and refrigerant when processing transactions. Completes product training courses.
- Opens and directs mail to proper area. Performs filing functions for pick tickets, reports, and other documents.
- Performs necessary housekeeping duties to maintain a clean, safe and organized working environment.
Preferred Education & Experience:
The Customer Service Associate reports directly to the Assistant Branch Manager or Branch Manager and may take daily direction from Sales Team Leads. This position has significant daily interaction with customers, other branch team members and members of the Sales staff. Work is performed in an office and warehouse environment with a moderate noise level and regular distractions. Most of the time is spent sitting when serving customers on the phone but standing when serving customers at the counter. Physical requirements include moving from one place to another, reaching, lifting, climbing, standing and bending. Employees in this position must be able to regularly lift up to 50 pounds unassisted and heavier loads with assistance; the majority of time is spent standing and walking. Verbal and written communication skills are also needed; regular use of a computer, keyboard and mouse are also required.
- Must be seeking long-term part time employment for a period of 12 to 24 months.
- Must be at least 18 years old
- High School diploma or equivalent
- 1-2 years customer service and sales experience
- Able and willing to work in a warehouse environment on a consistent basis during initial training period or as needed based on business need.
- Within 12-24 months of hire date, must exhibit competencies to advance to a Sales Associate position as one becomes available.
- Demonstrates a commitment to provide superior customer service.
- Effective communicator, comfortable interacting with customers and internal partners in a professional manner in person and via the phone.
- Is aware of own strengths and weaknesses. Is open to developmental feedback and takes responsibility for personal development.
- Must be computer literate and able to learn required software programs including SAP.
- Must be able to learn and pass competency assessments specific to industry regulatory requirements.
- Able to operate powered industrial equipment as needed.
- Professional in appearance, attitude and action.
- Must pass a pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Employees must have flexibility in their work schedule as they may be asked to work an occasional Saturday morning.
Besides offering a comprehensive compensation package, Grainger also provides excellent promotional opportunities.
W.W. Grainger - 11 months ago