This position is the Customer Ambassador for the bank with the overall purpose of providing quality and efficiency to customers who prefer face-to-face interaction with the bank. This position will have a thorough understanding of the customer’s transaction requirements and be able to effectively communicate all available options to them. They will educate customers about River Valley Banks’ sales and service delivery options and refer the appropriate products and services matching the customer needs. This position will also refer customers to the appropriate source or channel to address their need. They will also be responsible for the processing the regular transactions, such as receiving and paying out money, and keeping records of money and negotiable instruments involved in financial transactions in an efficient, friendly and accurate manner.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- With a good understanding of bank products/services and the customer’s current relationship, offers information on bank products and services that can benefit the customer and enhance their banking relationship. (Listens to the customer’s needs and matches those needs to the bank’s products and services resulting in referrals.)
- Receives checks and cash for deposit, verifies amount, and examines checks for endorsements. Accepts utility bill and loan payments.
- Cashes checks and pays out money after verification of signatures and customer balances.
- Enters customers' transactions into computer to record transactions, and issues computer generated receipts.
- Places hold on accounts for uncollected funds.
- Orders working supply of cash, and counts incoming and outgoing cash.
- Balances currency, coin, and checks in cash drawer at end of shift and compares totaled amounts with data displayed on computer screen.
- Is responsible for processing transactions utilizing bank wide systems, e.g., Branch Capture, Vertex, Core System, etc.
- May be responsible for vault, ATM and or coin machine to include but not limited to balancing, operating equipment and verification of documents.
- Removes deposits from, and counts and balances cash in, automated teller machines and night depository as required.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); and one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10's and 100's. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have basic computer knowledge of Windows and Microsoft Office software (Outlook and Word) and proficient (ability to move and direct curser, tab, page down, etc.) keyboarding and ten-key skills.
Certificates and Licenses:
No certifications needed
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Some travel may be required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close vision. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
.4 FTE (16 hours/week)
New or Replacement
Number of Openings
About the Organization
River Valley Bank is excited at the prospect of YOU joining our team. We are an Incredible Organization with a passion for our customers and our employees.
River Valley Bank - 2 years ago