This position is responsible for the safe moving, staging and parking of vehicles on Auction property, driving vehicles to and from Auction lots and customer businesses, and driving vehicles through Auction sale lanes on designated sale days and in compliance with Auction safety rules and regulations.
- Drive vehicles through Auction lanes on sale day in a safe manner.
- Drive vehicles to and from designated areas on Auction premises and to and from customer dealerships and businesses, while observing Auction driving rules, rules of the road and demonstrating courtesy and defensive driving principles.
- Line up and park vehicles in the correct order as directed by supervisor or team leader, move vehicles as necessary, and locate "lost" vehicles.
- Assist with getting vehicles operating as needed. If necessary, inflate tires and jump start vehicles using a battery box and air tank. Notify supervisor when a vehicle is inoperative; notify Service or Gas Truck Driver when vehicle is out of gas.
- Assist customers (i.e., dealers, account representatives, rental agencies, etc.) and coworkers as needed.
- Visibly demonstrate safety commitment by following all safety and health procedures and modeling the behaviors related to such. Actively participate in support of all safety activities aligned with Safety Excellence.
- Perform other duties as assigned by management.
- May be required to work overtime as business needs dictate.
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Previous auction experience preferred.
- Valid driver’s license and safe driving record required.
- Ability to drive vehicles with standard and automatic transmission.
- Constantly required to enter and exit vehicles.
- Ability to sit for prolonged periods of time.
- Ability to walk long distances.
- Regularly required to stand, walk, reach, talk and hear.
- Frequently required to stoop, kneel, crouch, bend, squat and climb.
- Ability to lift 1-15 pounds.
- Vision abilities required include close, distance and color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Manheim was established in 1945 as a wholesale vehicle auction operation. Today, with 20,000 employees at 106 operating locations in 14 countries, Manheim is the world’s leading provider of vehicle remarketing services. Manheim has set the industry standard for buying and selling used vehicles at live auctions and online. In 2012, Manheim handled nearly 8 million used vehicles, facilitating transactions representing more than $50 billion in value.
A subsidiary of Atlanta-based Cox Enterprises, Manheim is transforming the wholesale vehicle buying and selling experience through investments in technology and innovative products and services. Manheim brings together qualified sellers and volume buyers of used vehicles that include automotive dealerships, banks, car rental agencies, car manufacturers and government agencies. Manheim offers its customers a reliable and secure market in which to purchase a variety of vehicles and services that no other remarketing provider can match.
Follow us on the following Social Media websites:
Manheim is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All aspects of consideration for employment and employment with the Company are governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law.
Manheim is a drug-free workplace and requires a background check and drug test prior to employment.
For career opportunities, please visit www.manheim.com/jobs
- 19 months ago - save job
Manheim is a wheeler dealer from way back that trades cars like stocks. With about 145 locations worldwide, the firm is the nation's...