Title: Order Selector
On-Call Hours: 6:00am-8:00am
Weekly Hours: Part-Time
Recommended Education: GED or High School Diploma
Recommended Experience: At least one year work experience but not necessarily warehouse related.
Required Certifications: Will train on pallet jack certification
A Selector works individually selecting full case frozen items from a warehouse pick slot. The selector fits these items on a pallet, plastic wraps the bundles, and loads them onto a trailer. A sheet of stickers is used, where each sticker is a case of product to be picked. Essential duties following; other duties may be assigned.
- Ensure accuracy of work and adherence to production and safety standards.
- Read an Order Sheet to find individual items within warehouse
- Remove full case(s) of product from storage rack and place on pallet
- Affix selection labels to the appropriate cases
- Maneuver pallet on an electric pallet jack until full or order is complete
- Ensure item pick accuracy and safety of product to prevent damage
- Inform supervisor of any discrepancies in case quantity and/or product description
- Manually wrap the pallet by circling load with roll of plastic wrap until secure
- Load bundles onto trucks with the pallet jack
- Other Duties as Assigned
Constant- standing, walking, driving, carrying, twisting, bending, seeing, hearing, and handling paperwork. Lifting of objects weighing from less than 20 lbs to 60 lbs.
Frequent- stooping, balancing, and hearing
Occasional- pushing, sitting, feeling, reaching, climbing, pulling, gripping of items ranging from under 20 lbs to over 60 lbs
Description of Work Environment:
Temperature of a Freezer warehouse can range from -20° to -10° Fahrenheit. Steel toed shoes are required
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Competencies: Quick thinking, Team Player, Attention to Detail, Use of Technology, Adaptability, Self-Driven, Multi-task.
C&S Wholesale Grocers
- 2 years ago - save job