We are looking for a super talented graphic designer to join our fun, hardworking, and talented Communications team. The person in this role will develop creative designs for integrated use in print, on the web, and in social media. With several creative people currently on staff, we are looking for someone who likes to collaborate with colleagues to achieve the best designs; in particular this position works closely with the Senior Manager of Marketing and Design.
As a candidate, you should possess strong organizational skills, time-management skills and ability to multi-task. You should have creativity and good eye for design for print and digital, as well as the ability to work independently with minimal direction. Your success will require not only creative thinking and artwork, but also the ability to handle multiple design projects with excellent organization and quick turnaround.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides design support for a variety of projects as assigned including Brand and Advocacy campaigns, print collateral (magazine, newsletter, direct mail, etc.), assets for digital platforms (website, social media, email, etc.), infographics, print/electronic ads, PowerPoint decks, event invitations and other event materials, and various institutional marketing collateral.
- Works closely with Sr. Manager of Marketing and Development in the design of assigned projects.
- Develops infographics to support complex ideas and concepts including print charts, graphs, illustrations and other artwork.
- Organizes/archives photo and design content for release in all media outlets such as website, news, print, and social media.
- Ensures brand consistency across all creative and graphic materials. Maintains existing brand standards and further develops organizational brand identity.
- BA in Visual Arts, Graphic Design, Digital Media Design or equivalent combination of training and design experience required.
- Advanced proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator) and Microsoft Office (PowerPoint, Word and Excel).
- Basic HTML and CSS (Bonus Skill: Drupal).
- Thorough knowledge of visual design principals, including graphic design, layout, typography, color, icon development, identity and branding.
- Comprehends strategy and develops creative concepts and implementations that are consistently on target with brand objectives.
- Ability to work independently on projects from initial stages to completion and takes direction well, yet grasps the opportunity to show initiative.
- Manages various projects at once while being productive, timely and reliable.
- Ability to work cross-functionally and on teams; possesses strong communication skills.
- Takes great pride in designs; meticulous with great attention to detail.
- Knowledge of social media marketing a big plus.
- Freehand illustration skills greatly desired.
We offer a mission and employee-focused work environment and a competitive compensation package including excellent benefits. Earthjustice is an equal opportunity employer and highly values diversity.
Interested candidates should submit a resume, cover letter, and a link to an online portfolio featuring examples of print and digital work to firstname.lastname@example.org . Please include “Graphic Designer” in the subject line.
NO TELEPHONE CALLS WILL BE ACCEPTED.
Earthjustice is the premier nonprofit environmental law organization. We take on the biggest, most precedent-setting cases across the country. We wield the power of law and the strength of partnership to protect people’s health; to preserve magnificent places and wildlife; to advance clean energy; and to combat climate change. We partner with thousands of groups, supporters and citizens to engage the critical environmental issues of our time, and bring about positive change. We are here because the earth needs a good lawyer.
Founded in 1971, Earthjustice has a distinguished track record of achieving significant, lasting environmental protections. We achieve this by hiring the best and brightest who share a passion for justice and a healthy environment. Our headquarters are in San Francisco with nine offices across the U.S.
Earthjustice is driven by a passion for justice, partnership and excellence. Our core values lead us to seek a broad range of perspectives and backgrounds to achieve our mission and to maintain an inclusive environment where all staff are valued and respected. As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to employment practices that ensure that employees and applicants for employment are provided with equal opportunities without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, age, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any other factor that is not related to the position.