• Answer Help Desk telephones
• Open Help Desk tickets and route appropriately
• Update Help desk tickets
• Assist users with software related problems and questions
• Assist users in person and on the telephone with general information questions as it relates to FIT
• Install software on-site and remotely using such tools as are available
• Perform remote diagnosis on WinTel and Apple computers
• Research customer information from on-line resources
• Remediate virus and mal-ware issues remotely and in person
• Provide general technical support internal and external users
• Provide technical support for FIT events on campus
• Provide “walk-in” hardware and software technical support for students and faculty
• Work with other units of IT to resolve technical problems
1. High School diploma and some college credits
2. Experience working with students in a higher education setting
3. Must be able to communicate effectively over the telephone
4. Must possess standard business writing skills
5. Must have a “customer first” mind-set
6. Must be able to lift, carry and install equipment weighing up to 40 lbs
7. Must be able to follow moderately complex technical instructions
8. Must have experience with one or more of the following;
9. Must be able to interface with users, operations and technical staff.
- Technical experience in trouble-shooting, repairing, maintenance, and the setting up of WinTel computers
- Technical experience in trouble-shooting, repairing, maintenance, and the setting up of Apple computers
- Installing and trouble-shooting computer software and operating systems
- Configuring trouble-shooting, and maintaining audio-visual equipment
- Skilled use of remote support software such as LanDesk, Altiris, etc.
Days/Hours: Monday-Friday 1pm-6pm.
*Schedule subject to change based on the needs of the department
Salary: $20.76 Per Hour (Schedule 87/0)
Fashion Institute of Technology - 16 months ago
The Fashion Institute of Technology is a college of art and design, business and technology of the State University of New York (SUNY), with...