Summary description: Supervise IV and equipment management technician.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Compliance with Omnicare SOPs, all pharmacy laws and regulations, USP 797 sterile compounding guidelines.
• Supervise IV and equipment management technician.
• Maintain all required IV documentation and clinical monitoring.
• Fully assess new patients and new orders on existing patients for appropriateness of therapy, high risk medications, allergies, adverse indications or interactions, and other potentially adverse outcomes.
• Thorough knowledge of prescriber/facility notification process for drug interaction, allergy, and other adverse patient safety situations.
• Consistent and ongoing clinical monitoring of all infusion patients.
• Thorough knowledge of medication occurrence reporting process.
• Have a thorough understanding of the Customer Pharmacy Services policy and procedure manual and Customer Infusion Procedure manual.
• Have a thorough understanding of the Omnicare Long Term Care Pharmacy/Home Infusion Pharmacy Policy and Procedure Manual and internal pharmacy policies and procedures.
• Knowledge of other facility infusion therapy manuals if not using the Omnicare Customer Infusion Procedure manual.
• IV order processing only when technical support unavailable.
• Excellent care coordination with home health agencies, nursing facilities, physicians, and the IV nurse consultant.
• Answer drug-related questions as related to IV therapy and management in a timely manner.
• Communicate with facility consultant pharmacists and clinical staff pharmacists regarding IV patient management.
• Orient and provide competency assessment for all pharmacists who rotate from oral pharmacy to IV pharmacy and orient and assess competency on all IV technicians and infusion pump technicians, when appropriate; this includes making certain that all pharmacists and technicians rotating into the IV room have completed the approved Omnicare Infusion Training Program.
• Complete required training and competencies annually prior to performance review.
• Excellent understanding of the GCPG, formulary initiatives, and Omnicare clinical programs.
• Review consultant customer action request reports and other reports for facilities at which IV therapy is provided.
• Maintain a current knowledge if infusion drugs and therapies.
• Maintain a current knowledge of aseptic technique.
• Maintain knowledge of currently available infusion devices, products, and supplies.
• Perform accurate dose calculations based on medication prescribing information, patient condition, and infusion volume and administration rates.
• Program infusion pumps.
• Oversee cleanroom monitoring and pump maintenance.
• Attend continuing education seminars and annual meetings as provided to maintain clinical pharmacy skills.
• Respects the privacy, confidentiality, and security of patient information and property.
• Accesses only the minimum amount of patient protected health information needed to perform your JOB/ROLE well.
• On-call duties as required.
• Follow all applicable government regulations including HIPAA.
• Display behavior which exemplifies employee code of conduct guidelines.
• Other duties as assigned; Job duties may vary by location.
Education and Qualifications:
o B.S. in Pharmacy or PharmD degree
o Current licensure in state of pharmacy practice
o Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
o Excellent organizational skills
o Successful completion of the Omnicare Infusion Pharmacist Training Program
• Preferred Experience
o A minimum of three years infusion therapy experience which MUST include clinical management of patients
o Management experience preferred
Omnicare offers a competitive benefits package for full time employees which includes medical with prescription drug plan, dental, vision, life, vacation, sick, 401k, etc.
Omnicare is fully committed to employing a diverse workforce. We recruit and retain talented individuals without regard to gender, race, age, marital status, disability, and veteran status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law. Omnicare is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
THIS POSITION IS PART TIME:
MONDAY - FRIDAY - 8 PM - 2 AM PLUS ONE WEEKEND A MONTH - SATURDAY & SUNDAY - 1030 AM - 7 PM
Omnicare, Inc - 19 months ago
Omnicare, Inc., a Fortune 400 company based in Cincinnati, Ohio, provides comprehensive pharmaceutical services to patients and providers...