Summary of Responsibilities:
Under the direction of the Internal Audit Director, performs risk-based internal audit activities for the Company and its subsidiaries. Performs risk-based integrated reviews of financial, operational, systems and management controls of the Company. Provides assistance to the external auditors and regulatory auditors while maintaining effective working relationships with business unit management. Serves as in-charge auditor for certain assigned audit projects and supervises staff auditors and college interns assigned to the project. Works with some supervision and is responsible to make a minimal range of decisions, escalates to manager when appropriate and updates manager on a regular basis.
• Performs risk-based audit procedures on scheduled audit projects in accordance with approved risk-based audit programs and in a timely, efficient and professional manner, demonstrating a working knowledge of internal control concepts for each audit project.
• For assigned audit projects, clearly documents and evaluates the internal controls present in the manual and automated systems being reviewed, identifying internal control strengths and weaknesses.
• Prepares audit work papers that accurately and sufficiently document audit tests performed, in accordance with departmental guidelines (i.e., Audit Procedures Manual (APM)).
• Consistently provides timely information to the Audit Director during the audit project regarding weaknesses noted and recommendations for corrective action.
• Prepares summary memoranda, closing conference agenda, planning meeting memos, etc., that accurately describe results of tests performed, the nature of control weaknesses and exposures and identify practical recommendations for improvements.
• Completes the Internal Audit self-study program in order to gain the required knowledge of internal control concepts, audit testing techniques, data processing knowledge and financial, systems and operational audit knowledge.
• Provides basic internal controls consultation to our customers as requested.
• Serves as the lead in-charge auditor on small to medium size audit projects that have a low to medium level of difficulty and risk.
• As lead in-charge auditor of a project, supervises assigned resources, general interns and staff internal auditors.
• Assists external auditors and regulatory auditors in the performance of scheduled audit activities.
• Performs other duties and projects as assigned by management.
• Working knowledge of internal control concepts and risk-based audit techniques.
• Thorough knowledge of accounting.
• Proven ability to develop or adapt programs/procedures on an as-needed basis.
• Experience coordinating multiple projects/assignments (2 to 3) simultaneously and completing assigned tasks accurately and on a timely basis. Possesses a strong attention to detail with excellent organization skills. Solid project management with proven experience successfully planning, executing and maintaining a project from start to finish.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills with demonstrated success interpreting and communicating business needs between internal groups and external vendors in a clear, focused and concise manner. Will be expected to provide examples of written audit reports.
• Working knowledge of risk-based auditing concepts and techniques.
• Demonstrated progressive risk-based integrated auditing experience in a “Big Four” public accounting firm or a Fortune 500-type company.
• Bachelor’s degree in accounting, business administration, information systems, computer science or related field of study.
Computer skills and knowledge of hardware & software required:
• Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access, Visio).
• Exposure to automated systems, including mainframes and Local Area Network and Wide Area Network based applications.
• Exposure to automated auditing tools, including ACL, Easytrieve Plus, etc.
Certifications & licenses (i.e. Series 6 & 63, CPA, etc.):
• Candidate for certification as a Certified Professional Accountant (CPA), Certified Internal Auditor (CIA), or Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA).
Western & Southern Financial Group, a Fortune 500 company, is a dynamic family of diversified financial services companies that provides life insurance, annuities, mutual funds, retirement planning and investment products and services to help millions of consumers nationwide to plan and protect their financial futures.
With more than 5,000 associates and more than 50,000 individuals in our selling group, Western & Southern offers consumers and businesses the financial products and services they require to meet their insurance needs and investment goals. Having reached more in excess of $50 billion in assets owned and under management, we are leveraging our industry leading financial strength to fuel our growth through strategic acquisitions, increases in our current product revenue stream and expansion into new distribution channels and businesses.
Western & Southern provides a host of benefits that include medical, dental, life, pension, 401K, free fitness facility, on-site cafeteria, and generously subsidized parking. Western & Southern promotes a stable, fulfilling and challenging environment with an emphasis on excellence and continued career development.
Western & Southern Financial - 11 months ago
copy to clipboard