General Purpose of the Job:
The part time medical laboratory technologist will support the overall functions of the laboratory to include patient testing, instrument maintenance, quality control and other duties as assigned.
This part time position will last about one year.
- Conduct laboratory testing according to established protocols of assigned department.
- Ensure the prompt, efficient and accurate performance of laboratory test results.
- Perform quality control of equipment and procedures within established guidelines and performing routine equipment preventative maintenance and repairs.
- Process specimens and/or isolates according to established protocols
- Provide support of all laboratory functions including inventory of reagents, stocking of reagents, general housecleaning, and safety.
- Comply with
of Good Clinical Practice (GCP), the College of American Pathologists (CAP) and Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments (CLIA)
- Perform duties as assigned.
- Train other laboratory technologist and/or laboratory aids as needed.
- Assist supervisor in ensuring all proficiency testing is performed on all analytes tested by laboratory
- Review and release results to clients
- Assist supervisor in making sure that all QC data is acceptable and technologists are following established QC protocols.
- Assist supervisor in writing SOPs
- Proficient in good laboratory techniques
- Ability to multi-task with instrumentation
- Competency with computer based technology
- Ability and flexibility to learn new techniques
- Ability to accomplish assigned duties in a timely manner with little supervision
- Good interpersonal skills
- Ability to work flexible hours
- Able to lift and/or safely handle up to 40 pounds.
- Ability to perform high complexity testing.
- Be capable of identifying problems that may adversely affect test performance or reporting of test results and notify superiors.
- One or more years experience working in a clinical laboratory.
- Experience with Microsoft word, PowerPoint and Excel.
Eurofins US is a network of commercial testing laboratories strategically located throughout the United States. Headquartered in Des Moines, Iowa, but with several location through the US and Europe, our scientific staff has many years of experience with a broad range of laboratory testing methods from wet chemistry to Real-time Quantitative PCR to microbiological analyses. Our goal is to be the bioanalytical testing company of choice for the US food, feed, pet food, animal health, dietary supplement, pharmaceutical, and biotech industries.
- Bachelor of Science in Biology, Chemistry, Microbiology or Medical Technology. Military training is also acceptable.
- Certification by ASCP, NCA, or AMT preferred but not required.
Eurofins US offers exciting career opportunities, comprehensive benefits, and a fun and rewarding work environment. We strive to have the best people in the right roles at all times, ensuring the success of the organization and our employees. Our full-time benefits include comprehensive medical coverage, life and disability insurance, 401(k) with company match, paid holidays and paid time-off, and dental and vision options.
To learn more about Eurofins US, please explore our website www.eurofinsus.com
Eurofins US is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.
CareerBuilder - 30+ days ago