The Part Time Merchandiser is responsible for stocking and zoning product, maintaining account aesthetics, and occasionally processing product returns. Daily communication and follow-up with the District Field Supervisor is expected.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies to perform the essential functions of this position:
- Problem Solving – the individual identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner, gathers and analyzes information skillfully, and maintains customer/employer confidentiality.
- Interpersonal skills – the individual maintains confidentiality, remains open to others’ ideas, and exhibits willingness to try new things.
- Oral Communication – the individual speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations.
- Accessibility – the individual must be accessible via phone and/or email.
- Written Communication – the individual edits work for spelling and grammar, presents numerical data effectively, and is able to read and interpret written information.
- Quality Control – the individual demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness to ensure quality.
- Planning/Organizing – the individual prioritizes work activities and use time efficiently while meeting daily service assignments on schedule.
- Adaptability – the individual adapts to changes in the work environment, manages competing demands, and is able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Dependability – the individual is consistently at work and on time, follows instructions, responds to management direction, solicits feedback to improve, and reports time on DOS.
- Maintain account aesthetics (zoning, maintain modular integrity)
- Responsible for setting product to plan-o-gram, perform resets, POP placement, inventory counts, and moving product from the stock room to the sales and merchandising floor.
- Communicate to the District Field Supervisor on a daily basis as to all activities accomplished.
- The individual must have internet, computer, and printer access. Must learn to navigate Readerlink’s online Time Reporting System (TRS) in order to report time and print essential servicing documents and other communications weekly.
- Ability to maintain and improve customer relationships while effectively communicating sales products and promotions at customer locations.