Part Time Morning & Evening Playgroup Worker
YWCA Madison is looking for a dependable individual to fill a part-time child care position providing morning and evening child care four times per month during the YWCA Second Chance Workshops. Hours are: 1st and 2nd Wednesday of every month, 8:30am – 12:30pm and 3rd and 4th Wednesday of every month, 5:30-9:30 pm. Hourly wage is $12.19.
Parents of the children are attending a tenant education workshop. The children attend an on-site playgroup and range in age from infant to high school. Experience working with children and low-income families required. This is continuous employment. Due to the nature of this position, candidates are required to pass a caregiver background check.
• Provide care and supervision to children.
• Help meet the social and emotional needs of children who may be dealing with trauma and/or homelessness
• Work cooperatively with YWCA playgroup staff and volunteers.
• Greet parents and children, check in each child and communicate with parents regarding the care of their child(ren) .
• Reliable and responsible, able to work independently.
• Ensure the safety of the children and the play areas.
• Serve food and clean the play areas.
• Ensure all infants and toddlers’ basic needs are met (feeding, diapering, etc.)
Candidates should support the YWCA mission: eliminating racism & empowering women; demonstrate cultural competency & the ability to work with diverse populations. People of color & those bilingual in English/Spanish are encouraged to apply. Please visit our website www.ywcamadison.org prior to the application deadline of February 12, 2013 for information on: position description, and application instructions. No calls/e-mails please. AA/EOE