The concierge will perform necessary clerical functions in addition to frequent resident contacts. Is responsible for answering and transferring all incoming telephone calls in a courteous and professional manner, giving information, direction and other appropriate assistance to residents, staff, guests, and vendors.
1. Greets, in a courteous and professional manner, all persons entering the community. Informs, guides, directs and otherwise assists residents, visitors, staff, guests and vendors tactfully and congenially to present the best possible image.
2. Answers the phone politely, professionally, and attentively, routes calls and takes messages for residents and employees in a courteous fashion.
3. Types special reports, documents, correspondence and provides clerical assistance as directed from various departments and staff.
4. Sends and receives fax transmissions and makes copies as directed.
5. Updates the resident directory, other community lists, and logs.
6. Sorts resident and office mail.
7. Assists Life Enrichment Manager and Associate with special events, fill in for others to accommodate emergency situations.
8. Knowledge of, observes and follows all safety rules, regulations, policies and procedures of the facility including but not limited to: Vulnerable Adult and Abuse Policy, Resident’s Rights, OSHA, Universal Precaution, Right to Know, and MSDS
9. Good steward of time and supplies resources.
10. Preserves confidential information through following HIPAA guidelines.
11. Constantly customer focused by providing excellent service, encouraging and respecting customer’s individuality and treating people with dignity and respect.
12. Attends in-service and staff meetings.
13. Follows all policies and procedures.
14. Other duties as assigned.
Skills & Requirements
• Must have flexible hours; the part time receptionist would work approx. 16 hours a week and the schedule is as follows:
Sunday - 8-4:30
Tuesday - 4-8
**Would also have the ability to work full time when other receptionists are on vacation**.
• Ability to communicate effectively including written and verbal skills.
• Must work well both individually and as part of a team through respect, collaboration, and dedication.
• Ability to successfully interact with a diverse customer base.
• Ability to prioritize and organize work effectively and efficiently.
• Demonstrates positive attitude, high integrity and ethical awareness.
• Is able to work independently and must be self-starter
• Successful completion of health screening.
Ecumen - 19 months ago