A Different Kind Of Adventure
At Columbia Sportswear, we know a thing or two about adventures. We’ve been on one for over 70 years, constantly working to perfect the art and enjoyment of the greater outdoors. And behind everything we make is an employee who’s found that the greatest adventure starts with joining a company that offers them much more than just a paycheck. At Columbia, we believe that there’s over 3.5 million square miles of land to explore in the U.S. alone, but you don’t have to travel very far to find a great career.
General Position Summary:
Drive sales of Columbia Sportswear product through providing exceptional customer service and creating a positive customer experience.
- Utilize sales skills and techniques as well as exceptional customer service to drive store sales.
- Provide exceptional customer service/assistance both in person and on the phone.
- Provide information to customers on current product features and benefits.
- Maintain current and accurate knowledge of product features, benefits and availability.
- Greet and engage customers in the store.
- Perform all required cash register transactions such as sales and exchanges expeditiously and with a high level of accuracy, while staying within company guidelines.
- Support and contribute to the product flow process in the store by receiving shipments and distributing to sales floor as directed.
- Maintain cleanliness and safety standards in the store by organizing and cleaning as needed.
- Ensure all visual standards are followed. This includes maintaining merchandising guidelines, restocking daily or as needed and ensuring complete size runs are represented.
- Maintain a high professional standard in individual behavior, courtesy and respect.
- Demonstrate the ability to work in and contribute to a positive team environment.
- Assist in other store functions as needed.
Maintain positive open lines of communication with all Columbia Sportswear management, staff and other team members in order to contribute to the smooth flow of information and efficient operation of the organization.
Contribute to establishing a repeat customer base through developing customer relationships.
Perform other related duties as assigned.
Job has some variety in terms of customer contact and needs. Incumbent follows well-established store practices and procedures. Duties are performed with specific directions and goals and work is checked or verified visually and by results. Decisions are made within specific store policy constraints and are overseen by a member of store management.
Contacts are made with others both inside and outside the organization. Internal contacts frequently include the Store Manager, Assistant Manager(s), Supervisor(s) and other store staff. External contacts regularly include customers and may occasionally include vendors.
Position is not supervisory.
Specific Job Skills:
Ability to conduct interpersonal interactions with customers and other company personnel. Demonstrated ability to work well in a team environment and contribute to the smooth operation of the store. Basic math and organizational skills required. Ability to model positive customer service skills at all times. Must be willing to work within established company guidelines. Must be able to effectively utilize sales and customer service techniques. Skills in operating a POS system.
Physical requirements include the ability to use telephone, computerized systems; perform repetitive movements of the arms and shoulders, stand for extended periods of time up to 8 hours per day, move freely around store, bend, twist, reach, squat, climb a ladder and regularly lift/carry up to 40 pounds.
High school education or equivalent.
Previous retail sales experience and/or experience working in a customer service environment is strongly preferred.
Job may require hours that often exceed 8 hours per day and/or 40 hours per week during peak periods. Available to work retail store schedule – Sunday to Saturday.
This job description is not meant to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities, but constitutes a general definition of the position's scope and function in the company.
Columbia Sportswear is an equal opportunity employer.
Mountain Hardwear - 18 months ago