Library Secretary - Itinerant
Entry level position
Conditions of Employment:
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Accurate typing, filing, and bookkeeping skills
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Basic math skills
- Basic word processing skills
- Ability to follow direction and shift from job-to-job as needed
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Fingerprinting and job-related background check required
- Passing score on the Clerical In-Basket assessment
- Pass the Barcoder's Exam following completion of the current library system database class(es)
- Ability to transport themselves to multiple district sites
Director of Special Programs and the District Library Resource Specialist
To contribute to the smooth and efficient operation of the school library in the supporting of each Library Media Assistant and the district's Library Secretary so that all district libraries realize a maximum positive impact on the education of all children.
(The following are the essential fundamentals to include but not limited to the following job duties.)
Terms OF EMPLOYMENT:
8 hours per day for 180 days
in accordance with the negotiated agreement.
- Works with all print and non-print materials received by each school library and the District Learning Resource Center.
Works with library records, inventories, catalogs and specific Illinois Heartland Library System reports.
- Processes ordering and receiving library materials at each school library and the District Learning Resource Center.
- Works with faculty and students using the library.
- Performs other job related duties as assigned.
Performance of this job will be evaluated in accordance with provisions of the Board's
policy on Evaluation of Professional Personnel.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING ENVIRONMENT
The conditions herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The job is performed under minimal temperature variations and a generally hazard free environment. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use repetitive hand motions, including prolonged use of a computer terminal. The employee is frequently required to sit, see, talk, and hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus with or without correction.
Hear in the normal audio range with or without correction.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly is required to compare,
analyze, communicate, coordinate, instruct, synthesize, evaluate, use interpersonal skills,
compile, and negotiate. The employee frequently is required to compute. The employee occasionally is required to copy.
Decatur Public Schools is an equal employment opportunity employer with an affirmative action plan.