The job purpose of the Stockperson includes:
This enables associates on the sales floor to properly zone and service customers, while completing other tasks necessary to meet the needs of the business.
- timely processing of shipment
- maintaining organization in the backroom
- Maintain organization, cleanliness, and best practice standards for the stockroom.
- Establish and maintain organization of backstock apparel and accessories.
- Replenish the sales floor from backstock.
Sales Floor/Cash Wrap Organization/Cleanliness
- Prepare all shipment to be hung/folded (i.e. remove paper and packaging).
- Process all hanging merchandise as a first priority. Folded merchandise may be processed as a second priority. This includes applying sensors to all hanging merchandise (and folded merchandise as time allows).
- Perform all job duties in compliance with company productivity standards and visual standards.
- Notify the Store Manager in advance of supplies needed (hangers, sensors, and pins).
- With Manager’s guidance, open, sort, and prioritize all incoming shipment.
- With Manager’s guidance, place new receipts on the sales floor.
- Assist with cash wrap organization to include replenishing bags, removing hangers/sensors, and removing trash.
- Assist with sales floor maintenance as time permits (i.e. change lights, vacuum, cleaning).
- A stockperson must have flexible availability based on the store’s business needs and shipment volume.
- The stockperson is scheduled based on shipment delivery to store (i.e. if the truck arrives between 11-12 daily schedule stockperson in as early as 12:00 and must be scheduled early enough to process all freight received for the day).
- As a general rule, the stockperson is scheduled 5 days per week.
- The stockperson should not be considered floor coverage unless in an emergency. Call offs should be replaced with other associates, not the stockperson.
- The stockperson should always be scheduled on Friday to ensure all new receipts are on the sales floor prior to the weekend.
- Average hours worked per week dependent on shipment flow, store operating hours, and store sales performance. Work hours are not guaranteed based on the above variables.
- Associate must comply with all rue21 company policy and procedure as outlined in the Human Resources and Operations Manuals.
- Stockperson must wear work boots or other sturdy shoe. Heeled shoes, flip flops, and open-toed shoes are not permitted.
rue21 - 10 months ago
rue21 is one of the fastest growing specialty retailers in the country. We offer a broad assortment of the newest fashion trends for guys...