Position is scheduled for 27 hours per week. Regularly scheduled hours will be Mondays & Thursdays (11:00am-5:00pm), Tuesdays (11:00am-4:00pm), Fridays (11:30am-5:30am), and Saturdays (8:15am-12:15pm). Flexibility is needed to occasionally work more or different hours to cover for vacations and holidays.
SALARY RANGE: $9.62-$15.30 per hour
Under supervision and according to existing polices and procedures provides a variety of customer service functions involving receipt and payment of money and controlling a fund of cash. Work involves constant and direct dealing with bank clients and requires the ability to communicate tactfully and provide excellent customer service. Maintains knowledge of policies and procedures pertaining to Teller functions. Performs other related duties of a clerical nature when requested. Actively participates in attaining branch goals and refers all bank products and services. Must maintain high level of confidentiality in all aspects of the position.
1. Responsible for accurately verifying cash and checks for deposit to savings and checking accounts, verifies deposit amounts, visually examines checks for endorsement and negotiability. Enters transactions into the teller system.
2. Following established policies and procedures, cashes checks and pays out funds from various types of checking and savings accounts upon verification of signatures and client account balances. Visually inspects all checks and savings withdrawals to determine their negotiability. Adheres to alerts of suspect or fraudulent activity.
3. Maintains knowledge of all security policies and procedures. Strictly adheres to these rules and reinforces these procedures at all times.
4. Participates in applicable bank incentive programs, in the achievement of the bank, branch and individual goals through referrals and retention of account relationships
5. Refers questionable or difficult issues to supervisor. Responsible for immediately reporting both internal and external suspicious or fraudulent activity to Branch Management.
6. Represents the bank to the clients in a courteous and professional manner. Proficient manual dexterity to provide prompt, efficient and accurate service in processing transactions
7. Performs these tasks as required:
a. Processes and fills change and/or currency orders for clients.
b. Accepts applications for and redeems savings bonds.
c. Issues negotiable instruments.
d. Processes night and mail deposits or maintains control of night drop bags.
8. Receives payments for such loans as mortgage, installment, line of credit etc. ensuring that payments equal the amount due and that all late charges, if applicable, are collected.
9. Responsible for security of cash and teller station, transfers excess to vault in adherence with cash drawer limits. Balances cash drawer on daily basis. Adjusts figures to reflect proof changes.
10. Ensures information for currency transaction reports and negotiable instrument logs is entered into Vertex system
11. Develop and maintain a familiarity with bank products and services. Identify referral opportunities for additional bank products for both new and existing clients i.e. DDA, MMA, HELOC, TD etc.
12. Maintain a high level of customer service with new and existing clients. Helps identify client needs and refer specific products through other business partners i.e. Commercials Lenders, Investment Reps, Mortgage Rep., Merchant Services etc.
13. When required, participate in cash and negotiable instrument control measures including cash management, strike, shipping and cash ordering, vault currency, vault balancing and vault related controls.
14. When required, balance ATM and be knowledgeable on ATM procedures.
15. As required, resolve discrepancies and captured cards.
16. When required, process cash advances and settle cash advance machine.
17. Operates various office equipment i.e. teller system, terminal, calculator, personal computer, etc. Effectively uses available technology as required by the position. May be required to stand for extended periods of time.
18. Participates in internal meetings and seminars.
19. Completes training requirements on time.
1. In assigned offices, assist clients in accessing Safe Deposit Boxes.
2. May be required to travel to other branch locations as needed. Flexible schedule as office hours may vary.
3. Performs other duties as assigned or requested.
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• Basic reading/comprehension and math skills.
• Six (6) months of cash handling in a retail environment preferred.
• Ability to meet regular attendance requirements and schedules established for the department, these may be modified as needed for special projects, staff shortages, heavy workflow, etc.
• Must maintain confidentiality at all times.
• Ability to work as a team member effectively sharing ideas, skills and knowledge with others.
• Ability to serve clients in a cordial, tactful and professional manner.
• Excellent customer service skills.
• Excellent audio, oral and written communication skills to accurately interpret client needs and refer all bank products.
• Excellent visual skills to read reports, screens and process transactions.
• Ability to operate various types of office equipment, which includes but may not be limited to: telephone, copier, computer, coin machine and fax machine.
• Ability to climb step stool to reach higher levels and to lift a minimum of 30lbs.
• Ability to identify opportunities to refer bank and non-bank products and services.
• Will be required to become proficient in Jack Henry, Vertex, Outlook, Word, and Excel applications.
Well, you certainly can't accuse Financial Institutions of wasting valuable company funds to create a snazzy name. The holding company...