In order to be considered for employment at Merchants Bank, we need to receive a cover letter and resume from candidates.
Our online application system will allow you to upload one document. You may wish to combine your resume and cover letter into one document to upload. Thank you!
This position is Part Time (4 days per week) in Waterbury, VT.
Responsible for teller operations and customer service in the local branch. Actively services customer transactions and branch level inquiries. Supports Community Banking Manager in pursuit of branch deposit and loan growth objectives.
Principal Duties and Objectives
1. Demonstrates the efficient and sound practices of: teller transactions and cash handling; ATM and vault management; security procedures; risk management; regulatory compliance; technology execution; and account maintenance.
2. Demonstrates transactional accuracy and efficiency within Merchants Bank standards as outlined in the Teller Variation Policy to include personal responsibility for detection and resolution of errors in individual work.
3. Provides superior customer service to all customers and constituents via Merchants Bank Customer Service Standards. Aims toward business retention and cross selling of existing customers (share of wallet) by making recommendations for new or modified products/services to meet the customer’s individual banking needs. Supports retail sales environment within branch by demonstrating comprehensive product knowledge and account maintenance procedures.
4. Identify opportunities for new relationships and support growth of branch portfolio. Target individuals, businesses and organizations for potential sales follow through. These can be referred to Personal Banker or Community Banking Manager, Corporate Sales team or the trust department. Understand the branch marketplace and current marketing initiatives to add or expand consumer and commercial relationships through sales and service out reach efforts.
5. Strive to be a true team player in all areas, take initiative to lend assistance or accept new projects, act as a coach/mentor when appropriate, and represent bank in community activities.
6. Engage in regular communications to constituents (customers, co-workers, management) in support of branch and company direction. Cooperate with all reporting requirements with clear, concise written, verbal, and electronic communications.
7. Cross-train in all duties and functions within the department. Participate in (satisfactorily complete) all required training and pursue additional training opportunities that will promote growth in position.
8. Perform any and all duties as assigned from time to time.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
1. High school diploma or GED required.
2. Proficient in mathematics; at level required to perform Teller duties.
3. Customer service experience strongly desired.
4. Cash handling experience desired (experience and accuracy with balancing a cash drawer and handling cash during customer transactions).
5. Strong interpersonal skills in order to positively represent the Bank.
6. Strong written, verbal and listening skills to be used in communicating with a broad range of constituents.
7. Aptitude and demonstrated proficiency in use of computer technology. This includes working knowledge of Microsoft Office (or similar software) functions, and database entry. Competency in all bank branch hardware and software platforms.
8. Demonstrated ability to analyze situations and execute decisions.
9. Ability to work productively as a team member as well as independently.
10. Tellers should be able to lift items weighing up to forty (40) pounds. Tellers are responsible for moving full coin bags and other branch equipment.
Merchants Bank VT - 17 months ago
Established in 1849, Merchants Bank is Vermont’s largest and sole remaining statewide bank. Consumer, business, municipal and...