Work with customers to process transactions in an efficient, accurate manner, following established policies and procedures. Uphold the positive image of the Bank by providing the best possible customer service, in a responsible and professional manner.
1. Process customer transactions according to established procedures in a friendly, pleasant, businesslike manner maintaining the Bank’s established performance criteria. (See Bank’s Accountability Standards).
2. Balance cash drawer according to established procedures and standards adhering to the procedures for reporting and collection of teller cash differences and operating losses. (See Bank’s Accountability Standards)
- Process customer deposits and withdrawals by verifying all cash or endorsements, examining items for negotiability and issuing receipts according to established procedures.
- Cash checks and other negotiable items. Disburse loan proceeds, credit card cash advances and travel letters, and closing checking and savings accounts taking into account any accrued interest payable and outstanding checks in determining closing balances and retrieve ATM cards.
- Accept payments on loans, contracts, commercial withholding taxes, county taxes, safe deposit boxes, credit cards and Future Fund savings, and ensure they are promptly and accurately processed.
- Request assistance from supervisor or other bank officer on any difficult customer or any transaction felt to be suspicious or against Bank policy or procedure.
- Ensure the confidentiality, security and safekeeping of all information, currency, coin and other negotiable instruments.
- Complete additional transactions including, but not limited to, issuing cashier’s checks, certified checks, EE bond and money orders; processing stop payment orders and change orders; processing and issuing receipts on items left for collection, night drop and mail deposits, ensuring all transactions are processed and recorded promptly and accurately.
3. Maintain the highest level of security by ensuring that security procedures are followed by ensuring all transactions are properly documented and recorded, determining authenticity and validity of documents, keeping all cash secured when away from window, and always following established procedures in these and all areas of security including proper robbery and hod-up procedures and customer confidentiality.
4. Complete IRS forms No. 4789 “Large Currency Transaction Report” following established procedures and ensuring compliance with federal regulations.
5. Assist in balancing ATM machine in a secure, timely and accurate manner according to established procedures.
6. Responsible for developing a strong knowledge of banks products/services in order to refer customers to the appropriate individuals for service.
7. Attend and participate in scheduled staff meetings to achieve desired levels of product knowledge to ensure timely communication of information.
8. Attend all meetings and seminars as directed as well as read appropriate banking literature.
9. Maintain a businesslike appearance and comply with the Bank‘s dress code at all times.
10. Perform other related duties as assigned or as the situation dictates.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
1. Skill in handling and computing cash transactions (numeric calculations).
2. Ability to work cooperatively with co-workers and supervisors to maintain a pleasant, team-oriented work environment.
3. Ability to adapt to changes in policy, procedures, methods of operation and customer traffic volume.
4. Ability to maintain composure and manage stressful situations
5. Ability to verbally communicate effectively and pleasantly
6. Ability to maintain good customer relations and direct customers to appropriate Bank individuals whom can resolve issues or customer service questions
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
1. High school degree or equivalent required.
2. Basic computer skills. Familiarity with MS Office suite of products.
3. One year in banking or related field with cashier experience is highly recommended. Previous Teller and/or Bookkeeping experience preferred.
1. This job requires extended periods of standing.
2. Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
This position works 32 hours a week. The position will work at both the Guilford and Stewart Square locations.
QCR Holdings, Inc. - 30+ days ago