Part Time Temporary Program Coordinator (011-13)
$15 per hour/10 hrs. per week
Founded by a mother whose daughter was killed by a drunk driver, Mothers Against Drunk Driving® (MADD) is the nation’s largest nonprofit working to protect families from drunk driving and underage drinking. With the help of those who want a safer future, MADD’s Campaign to Eliminate Drunk Driving® will end this danger on America’s roads. PowerTalk 21® is the national day for parents to talk with their kids about alcohol, using the proven strategies of Power of Parents™ to reduce the risk of underage drinking. And as one of the largest victim services organizations in the U.S., MADD also supports drunk and drugged driving victims and survivors at no charge, serving one person every eight minutes through local MADD victim advocates and at 1-877-MADD-HELP. Learn more at www.madd.org or by calling 1-877-ASK-MADD.
Mothers Against Drunk Driving (MADD) is seeking a dynamic person for the position of Program Coordinator (011-13) as we look to build our presence across Montana. This is a part time (10 hours per week), temporary position that would be responsible for the oversight of fundraising initiatives, volunteer capacity building, selective program implementation and serve as a community liaison for MADD mission related activities. At this time, the position will be in place through the end of 2013.
Responsible for developing, coordinating and implementing education, recognition and public awareness programs and events at the Affiliate and CAS levels.
ESSENTIAL POSITION FUNCTIONS:
1. Coordinate and organize the scheduling, participation and conducting of programs, panels and events designed to support victims, promote MADD’s mission and educate the public regarding drunk driving related issues.
2. Establish a network of community members, schools, law enforcement, public officials and other prominent members of the community to maintain and support the goals of MADD.
3. Organize and conduct educational programs through area schools.
4. Recruit, train and direct volunteers, facilitators and speakers for various programs, panels and events. Maintain records of all volunteer hours and other planning materials for programs and events.
5. Occasionally staff booths at special events, health and safety fairs when volunteers are not available.
6. Other duties as assigned.
1. Two to three years experience in organizing and the administration of programs and events; preferably in a non-profit environment. Familiarity with the criminal justice system is a plus.
2. Excellent spelling, grammar, compositions and math skills. High level of computer proficiency and keyboard skills utilizing Microsoft Office products.
3. Able to handle multiple projects and deadlines. Good communication skills, in writing and face-to-face.
4. Some travel and flexible hours work necessary.
Interested Candidates should forward resumes to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
MADD offers a competitive salary and exceptional benefits + business casual environment.
“An Interested Party will be considered an applicant only after the individual has complied with the application process and has indicated the specific position for which they are applying.”
MADD is an equal opportunity employer.
MADD - 19 months ago