The primary purpose of this position is to provide support to the Tennis Pro at the Southside Tennis Complex.
Examples of Work:
- Assists with tennis lesson instruction.
- Assists with preparation of the tennis courts.
- Books tennis court reservations and answers the phone.
- Collects fees.
- Explain and enforce safety rules and regulations governing the tennis complex.
- Provide patrons with information and resources.
- Administer emergency first aid.
- Maintains tennis courts and inside of facility.
- Prepares reports.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Must have a general knowledge of the game and rules of tennis.
- Must be able to occasionally lift 80 pounds.
- Ability to use machinery such as the tennis court packer.
- Ability to operate a cash register and follow cash handling procedures.
- Ability to use a computer.
- Must be able to work both indoors and outdoors.
- Ability to work weekends and evenings.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
Open Requirements/Supplemental Information:
Preferred experience playing tennis or working at a tennis facility.
- A two year combination of education, training, or experience in providing recreation, leisure services, physical education or a related field.
- Must pass background screening on a local, state and federal level as required by the State of Florida Children and Family Services.
ONLINE APPLICATION REQUIRED. Apply at www.coj.net . If basing your qualifications on education a copy of your college transcripts is required. If claiming veteran’s preference you must attach the correct DD-214 (Form 4) for consideration.
NEOGOV works best with Google Chrome, Firefox and Internet Explorer versions 9 and 10 browsers. Please try to apply using one of these browsers. Be sure to add coj.net to your safe senders list to ensure you receive email notifications. You may also check your application status at any time by logging into your account.