The Department of Community Enrichment is seeking an instructor to teach ACT and standardized test preparation instruction for the spring/ summer term of 2013. Interested candidates must be able to provide an engaging and multi-dimensional learning experience for adolescent students. Please provide a sample lesson outline and a cover letter highlighting how your skills and experiences match our position needs.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
• Provide course instruction and /or technical training in his/her field of expertise.
• Support the stated mission, goals, policies and regulations of WCC .
• Support and abides by the local, state and federal laws that affect the College.
• Attend a mandatory orientation session.
• Must be present for all scheduled class sessions.
• Must complete and return all official course paperwork in a timely manner.
• Keep abreast of developments in field of specialization and/or instruction.
• Prepare, develop, and/or revise curricula based on WCC goals and guidelines, as needed.
• Submit required course outlines, textbooks, instructional materials, and orders for supplies in a timely manner.
• Assists with marketing information about other Lifelong Learning courses in the classroom.
• Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s degree preferred.
• Must have demonstrated experience working with adolescent students.
• Must have demonstrated ability to develop curriculum and engage adolescent learners.
• Experience teaching standardized test preparation and study skills.
Open Until Filled
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Candidate identified. Others welcome to apply. You must attach a sample lesson outline and cover letter to your application. Please attach your sample lesson outline to the “other documents” section of the attachments section of the application.
Washtenaw Community College - 21 months ago