Position Title: Part time Receptionist Revision Date: Approved: 10/11/12
I.Position Purpose/Scope: What are the key objectives of the position
Performs a variety of clerical and office support duties. The Receptionist is responsible for relaying and resolving routine telephone calls and walk-up inquiries, scheduling meetings, interviews and calendar items, making travel arrangements, processing forms, scanning documents, files, performs data entry, and establishes and maintains reports/records. Edits and proofreads documents to ensure accuracy.
II. Position Responsibilities/Accountabilities: List the major duties/accountabilities to achieve the positions key objectives.
III. Position Competencies:
- Answers multi-line phone system, screens and transfers telephone calls to appropriate associate.
- Greets guests and notifies host of their arrival.
- Proofreads and edits basic Human Resources written materials.
- Provides callers with information such as company address, direction to the company location, fax numbers, website, and other related non-confidential information.
- Maintains an accurate phone directory of Associates by department.
- Receives, sorts, and forwards incoming mail and deliveries to Associate.
- Coordinates outgoing courier as requested.
- Schedules telephone and onsite interviews and conference rooms for interviewers.
- Orders, receives, stocks and distributes office supplies.
- Maintains supplies and organization of the kitchen and supply cabinets/rooms.
- Maintains a professional and presentable lobby.
- Performs other duties and/or special projects as assigned by manager.
High School Diploma, GED or equivalent
1 to 3 years’ experience in an office environment.
Customer Service experience a plus
D) Licenses and/or Certifications:
E) Knowledge/Skills/Abilities: Basic = less than 1 year of experience/training needed; Intermediate = 1-3 years of experience/some training may be needed; Advanced = 3-5 years’ experience/no training needed; Expert = 5+ years’ experience/able to train others.
Advanced = ability to maintain confidentiality of records and information.
Advanced = ability to communicate effectively, written and verbally.
Intermediate = Microsoft Office 2010 experience.
Basic = ability to coordinate outgoing US mail and courier.
Basic = ability to maintain calendars and schedule appointments.
Basic = ability to understand and follow specific instructions and procedures.
Basic = knowledge of ordering supplies ordering and inventory control.
Basic = knowledge of basic Human Resources procedures.
Basic = skill in the use of office equipment
IV.Primary Work Location/Shift: (If > 1 location, indicate % of time spent at each location.)
Part Time Hours: 1:00 PM – 6:00 PM
Salary: $10.00 per hour
V. Physical Demands : (Examples are 1) Transports materials or inspects building, equipment and other items; 2) operates computers or other office equipment; and 3) sit or stand for prolonged periods of time. Physical demands should be described in terms of what has to be done and not in terms of physical or mental attributes.) Identify the key physical demands required to perform the essential function(s) of the job and indicate whether the responsibility is performed occasionally ("O"), frequently ("F"), or constantly ("C").
Operates computers or other office equipment (“C”)
Sit or stand for prolonged periods of time (“C”)
Lifting equipment up to 40 pounds ("O")
VI. Environmental Demands : (Examples are 1) Works with irritant chemicals, gases, etc.; 2) Works shifts or variable work hours; 3) Wears protective clothing or respiratory protective equipment; 4) Works in extreme heat or cold conditions; 5) Exposure to loud noises; 6) Performs work in a normal office setting). Identify the key environmental demands required to perform the essential function(s) of the job and indicate whether the responsibility is performed occasionally ("O"), frequently ("F"), or constantly ("C").
Performs work in a normal office setting (“C”)
proterra - 16 months ago