The Reference Librarian will provide reference services to the University community and participate in the library’s Instruction and Information Literacy program.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Provide in-person, email, IM and phone reference services to University students, faculty, staff and public patrons, including one-to-one reference assistance, technological assistance, and statistical tracking.
• Participate in reference desk rotation, including one night per week.
• Work with faculty, staff, and students to enhance reference services offered in the library.
• Schedule and fulfill research appointments with students and faculty upon request.
• Participate in the instruction load for general library and information literacy skills.
• Assist the Instruction & Outreach Librarian with execution and assessment of the library’s Instruction and Information Literacy program.
• Develop individual course-based study research guides upon request.
• Assist the Instruction & Outreach Librarian with the library’s social media tools, displays and other projects.
MLS from an ALA accredited program or within 2 courses of completing an MLS .
1. Experience providing general library instruction classes; familiar with the goals and concepts of information literacy.
2. Experience providing in-person and virtual reference service, including a broad knowledge of both print and online information sources in an academic library.
3. Experience consulting with instructors and other academic support staff related to course and assignment design.
4. Experience with social media.
Hours: Monday through Friday, 18 hours per week from August through May, specific days to be assigned at hire
• 2 day from 9:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
• 1 day from 11a.m. to 3p.m.
• 1 evening from 4:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.
Open Until Filled
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Fitchburg State University does not sponsor applicants for work visas.
Fitchburg State University understands that persons with specific disabilities may need assistance with the job application process and/or with the interview process. For confidential assistance with the job application process, please contact the Human Resources Office at 978-665-3172.
Fitchburg State University is committed to diversifying its workforce. We strongly encourage women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities to apply for the advertised position.
Fitchburg State University - 15 months ago
copy to clipboard -