Location - San Diego Revivals
Reports To: Store Manager
Beginning Salary: $ 11.50 / hr.
Status: Part-time , Hourly, Non-exempt
Perform general store operations as needed.
* Sort donated items – resale, damaged, not usable;
* Sort donated clothing into proper groups – resale, damaged, not usable;
* Process donated clothing to include sort, hang, make presentable, put out on sales floor;
* Assist with store displays as needed;
* Greet customers when on sales floor;
* Assist customers with sales;
* Assemble new furniture;
* Help load / unload merchandise as requested;
* Interact with customers answering any questions they have;
* Assist with customer requests;
* Assist in warehouse as needed;
Go with driver on pickups as requested;
Carry furniture and heavy object up and down stairways;
* Clean warehouse and restrooms as assigned;
* Other relevant duties as designed.
TRAINING, EXPERIENCE, ABILITIES
* Previous experience with sales and resale clothing;
* Past experience working in retail preferred, preferably in a thrift store;
* Bilingual – Spanish / English preferred;
* Convey outgoing personality; work positively with the public;
* Price used clothing, merchandise, and furniture.
* Handle disputes and complaints calmly;
* Interpret for non Spanish speaking staff;
* Ability to read maps and follow directions.
Essential Job Functions:
* Possess a valid California driver’s license with a clean driving record;
* Ability to lift 60 - 70 lbs. and move heavy objects up and down stairways.
We are an EOE and a drug free workplace. Women and people of color are encouraged to apply. We strive for a diverse workplace.
Desert AIDS Project - 14 months ago