Janrain, the leader in user management solutions for the social web, is growing its business development team and seeking a Partner Engineer to add further potential to our already accelerated growth. Fueled by other technology companies and agencies integrating and offering Janrain solutions into their platforms and increased demand to integrate with Janrain solutions on behalf of their clients, Janrain has plenty of opportunity to expand its reach and is only adding technical and partner-facing professionals with the track record and desire to contribute to building a world-class SaaS company. This is a partner and customer facing, hands-on technical engineering position requiring the individual to participate in phone, e-mail, and/or in-person direct partner interactions.
This is a great opportunity to get in on the ground floor of a dynamic and promising start up with products and services that enable websites and partner to gain significant benefits by enhancing their user acquisition and engagement features.
This position will report to the Sr Partner Engineer.
- Possess a working knowledge of common and cutting edge web technologies and frameworks.
- Be familiar with identity technologies and protocols like OpenID, OAuth, web service APIs, Facebook, and Twitter.
- Understand and explain application architecture and systems integration.
- Be creative and inventive when reviewing partners and looking for new or enhanced integration options.
- Respond to new and existing partner requests for technical information on Janrain products and answer technical questions throughout the partnership cycle.
- Assist with partner training, servicing and support for integrations.
- Develop integration plans at a strategic and architectural level.
- Interface with our Product Management, Deployment Engineers and Technical Support teams.
- Articulate clearly how our solutions address a prospective partner’s specific use case.
- Describe effectively why our product is best on the market.
- Successfully guide partners through product trials, proof of concept, and pilots.
- Transfer knowledge of new partners to deployment and support teams.
- Contribute significantly to responses to requests for proposals from partner prospects.
- Assist the Business Development team in analyzing new partner opportunities and expansions with existing partners.
- Work on cross-functional teams on special projects as required.
- Bachelors or Masters Degree in Computer Science, related technical degree and equivalent experience such as a web related professional consulting role.
- 3 to 5 years in a professional consulting, e-business, online marketing, or similar environment
- Experience with social media applications, web design, content management, and web analytics technologies preferred
- Familiarity with multiple web-based scripting languages (PHP, Python, Perl, Java, etc).
- Experience doing discovery call, requirements gathering, story-boarding, and defining use cases.
- Proven experience working with partners in a support or project capacity.
- Must be able distill complex data into accessible concepts and communicate clearly
- Ability to critically and quickly evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconciling conflicting input
- Take responsibility and demonstrates personal integrity & honesty. Outstanding verbal and written communications skills.
- Strong leadership, interpersonal, organizational and time management skills
- Team player with proven track record in working effectively with cross-functional teams
- Experience with Salesforce.com and using online webinar technology to conduct product demos.
- Ability and willingness to travel