Ideas. Energy. Excitement. Opportunities. In today's mobile world, it feels like anything is possible - and that's what inspires us to get out of bed and work for Nokia each day.
Our goal is to build great mobile products that help billions of people worldwide to enjoy more of what life has to offer. Not only that, innovations from people like you has made our brand one of the most recognized in the world.
At Nokia, you will be part of shaping a new era for the mobile industry. And we want you to build a career which will inspire you and inspire others around the world.
Nokia is committed to connecting people to what matters to them by combining advanced mobile technology with personalized services. More than 1.3 billion people connect to one another with a Nokia, from our most affordable voice-optimized mobile phones to advanced Internet-connected smartphones sold in virtually every market in the world. Through Nokia's portfolio of services consumers also enjoy access to maps and navigation, a rapidly expanding applications store, a growing catalog of digital music, free email and more. The Developer Experience team (DX) in North America plays a critical role in Nokia's key strategic areas: building a winning new Ecosystem with our partner, Microsoft, delivering and leveraging best of breed solutions to help drive sales of Nokia solutions, and connecting the next billion to the Internet and Apps.
You will be part of the Developer Experience team (EDX) organization in North America, responsible for engaging developers through world-class developer outreach programs that enable partners & developers to efficiently design, develop, distribute and monetize leading edge consumer experiences on Nokia platforms and devices with an emphasis on Windows Phone devices. Your role is to evangelize the latest technologies Nokia and Microsoft have to offer to key partners & the developer community in North America and secure engagement by ensuring that partners have access to tools, programs and support they need to design, develop, distribute and promote their apps to Nokia customers. You job is to create excitement and momentum for the latest developer offerings, and to work with partners & developers to deliver unique and creative apps that showcase the potential of our offerings and differentiate Nokia handsets in the market. You are about mobile technologies and thrive on playing with the latest tools and working with local teams (Nokia and Microsoft) to promote our developer offerings. You will prospect and engage with major local brands and engage with developers at conferences, workshops, user groups etc. You are comfortable discussing technologies with developers and bloggers and are active online, blogging and tweeting and participating in discussion boards.
Specific Responsibilities include:
You will be measured on the size and activity of the developer community and number and quality of apps in the app store and developer satisfaction/preference in your region.
- Target, negotiate and deliver top NAM applications and brands in US Central Region.
- Work with Marketing team to spearhead and drive co-marketing agreements with major branded partners.
- Create excitement for and drive the success of Nokia's developer products and programs by engaging with third party partners & developers building applications and businesses on them.
- Evangelize the adoption of Windows Phone developer products to the North America partner & developer community – with a focus on the Central Region of the US.
- Facilitate technical and design discussions with developers to speed adoption and ensure best practices during implementation.
- Advocate for developers within Nokia, and influence our developer product strategy with key internal Nokia and Microsoft stakeholders.
- Cultivate partnerships with developers and publishers that deliver innovative, world-class mobile applications through Nokia channels and help differentiate Nokia’s mobile products in the North America market.
You will report to the Director, Head of Developer Experience, NAM. You will be expected to travel 25 – 50% of the time. You will be based in Dallas, TX or Chicago, IL.
The ideal candidate will have the following capabilities:
- 5 - 10 years experience in mobile industry in technology evangelism and business development.
- BA/BS in Computer Science or equivalent.
- Excellent presentation, communication and project management skills (oral and written).
- Track record of deal making and contract negotiation with major branded partners.
- Strong command of mobile application development landscapes especially for Windows Phone tools and technologies.
- Experience working directly with developers and understanding of the mobile developer landscape, drivers and competitive environment.
- Proven track record as a software developer, architect, technology evangelist, or consultant working with web or mobile technologies a plus.
- Solid programming abilities in one or more of the following languages: Windows Phone, Java, HTML5.
- Demonstrated track record leveraging social/digital media - blogging, tweeting, writing technical articles, participating in discussion boards, preferably with an existing follower base.
Yes, 25 % of the Time
Nokia - 22 months ago
copy to clipboard
Nokia is one of the world's leading makers of cell phones. First incorporated in the Finnish city it's named after, Nokia's business...