Job Category: Sales
Location: Redmond, WA, US
Job ID: 816114-97947
Partner Technology Manager
Do you love new technology? Are you the first in line to buy a tablet computer or new mobile phone just because it’s something new? If so, then the Partner Technology Manager role is for you. The Partner Technology Manager (PTM) is responsible for managing the technical sales engagement between Microsoft and our partner. As the PTM you are responsible for setting and executing technical strategy based on Microsoft platforms and technologies. You will build deep relationships with our partner that scale from Senior Vice Presidents down to hardware and software engineers and establishing a trusted advisor status enabling you to impact product roadmaps to align with Microsoft strategy. You must possess a strong knowledge of Microsoft products and technologies as well as a strong background in PC hardware combined with great relationship skills to be successful in this exciting role. In addition to partnering deeply with our partner, you will work closely with Microsoft internal partners including the Account and Marketing Managers as well as various Microsoft business groups including Windows, Office and Interactive Entertainment & Business (IEB). Best of all - you will get an opportunity to influence the next generation of great new PC technologies coming to market over the next 12-18 months!
Technical /Functional Skills:
- Assist with development & management of the OEM partner strategy
- Execute design in/wins per the Fiscal Year target to drive Windows adoption and ensure Microsoft product/technology readiness
- Technical engagement management (Technical Account Plans, Quarterly Technical Reviews, Windows Planning Engagement)
- Relationship management -Build trusted advisor status producing excellent customer satisfaction across senior members of the partner’s technical and product teams
- Work with our account team to identify new business opportunities to grow the business
- Assist the partner with technical excellence, quality and innovation to make Microsoft technology on their devices shine
- Partner education (Whitepapers, presentations, formal training and instruction, Microsoft technologies)
- Microsoft product team liaison
- A broad understanding of Windows Operating systems and PC hardware technologies
- Understanding of Microsoft’s OEM ecosystem
- Experience in customer negotiation and expectation management.
- Experience managing executive level customer relationships
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Naturally collaborative empathy for partner requirements and business drivers
- An innovative self-starter, willing and able to make independent decisions to drive technical adoption
- Strong technical, business, and analytical skills
- Strong interpersonal skills, with executive credibility
- A strong sense of teamwork
- Drive, enthusiasm, optimism and creativity
- Tact and diplomacy
Bachelor degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or related discipline or 8+ years equivalent experience. Advanced degrees are a plus. 5+ years of industry experience related to systems engineering and product development (HW or SW). Strong background in Operating System concepts, a good understanding of the client PC market place and new technologies and trends in the client PC space. Must be able to present Microsoft technologies to customers and large audiences. Must have excellent communication skills in Mandarin and English (both written and verbal). This position is based in Redmond WA and will require approximately 20% international travel.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer and supports workforce diversity.
Microsoft Corporation develops, manufactures, licenses and supports a range of software products for computing devices. The Company's...