AAA is a civic, not-for-profit organization rendering valuable service to the public, as well as many specialized services for the exclusive benefit of its members such as Automotive Services, Financial Services, Insurance and Travel. AAA Southern New England employees help and serve as a way of life. Through a 100-year legacy of service stewardship, our employees make valuable contributions to our workplace and the community that surrounds us.
Develop growth and partner outreach strategies for assigned categories. Proactively seeks new partnership opportunities. Leads the acquisition process including; target, profile, business term negotiations as well as driving both club and market activation activities. The Manager, Partnerships & Promotions conducts diligence and prepares supporting materials while guiding the overall decision making process. Works directly with club personnel to effectively drive process. The Manager, Partnerships & Promotions designs marketing and communications initiatives to increase awareness, adoption and overall transaction levels. The Manager, Partnerships & Promotions, has direct accountability for optimizing the partner portfolio and delivering against established performance goals.
The Manager, Partnerships & Promotions reports directly to the Director, Marketing Partnerships & Promotions and works in collaboration to grow, develop, and manage new and existing strategic partnerships to maximize revenue and strategic Club initiatives. This individual will assist in identification and evaluation of promotional programs that reinforce Club promotional initiatives for optimal brand positioning.
• Develop new partnerships and industry contacts, conduct due diligence, drive onboarding process, manage daily acquisition activities.
• Oversees and drives the implementation of partnership programs to grow usership, revenue and retention; leverages analytics to determine ROI and ensure that it enhances the member experience.
• Manage all operational aspects of partner engagement and category portfolio. Lead partner and category review and optimization efforts.
• Define, document and administer partner specific multi-year business growth plans.
• Assists in negotiating partnership agreements, manages partner and agency/vendor relationships initial engagement to optimize opportunities, and develops unique, solutions driven promotional programs and integrated marketing campaigns that enhance brand equity for both the Club and our partners.
• Design, document and administer yearly marketing planner as well as lead the development and activation of associated initiatives.
• Guide, calibrate and activate partner produced club focused campaigns, initiatives and communications as wells as establish performance targets and reporting standards
• Provide strategic and operational guidance for assigned categories to internal and external stakeholder groups. Function as department’s subject matter expert.
• In conjunction with senior management and club executives, develop category expansion and optimization strategies in support of Discounts Program goal attainment.
• Facilitate partner and club business review meetings. Drive design and production of support materials as well as lead meetings as required.
• Participate in industry, partner and club events as required. Lead rationalization, strategy and operational planning efforts.
• Works with internal teams to develop, execute, and manage marketing and promotional campaigns with new partners. Identifies partner needs and communicates them to Partnerships and Promotions staff for execution
• Coordinates the contract process including but not limited to, negotiation, creation, editing, and submitting for approval.
BA degree required and a minimum of 5 years of marketing experience in positions of increasing responsibility as well as a proven track record of successful program development, implementation and marketing, specifically in the area of promotions and integrated marketing campaigns. Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to develop and maintain a team atmosphere throughout day-to-day activities. Proven abilities in translating brand/marketing strategies into appropriate and effective promotional programs and alliances. Experience in evaluating prospective properties and partners; experience in negotiating promotional agreements. Experience in managing outside agencies and vendors. Strong strategic and conceptual abilities coupled with a high bias for action and a proven track record of results. Requires significant and relevant industry and professional contacts (a rolodex of clients). Requires proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
Sound judgment, a strong work ethic and the ability to manage and motivate cross functionally is highly desired. Strong strategic, entrepreneurial, communication and interpersonal skills as well as expertise in problem solving, prioritizing, tactical execution, planning and analysis. Requires collaborative approach within the Club, MCH, and National to ensure integration of discounts on a National level.
AAA Southern New England - 30+ days ago