IBM is seeking qualified mechanical Techs for our Long Term Supplemental positions in the Burlington, Vermont area (local candidates preferred, no paid relocation). These positions are located at our World Class Semiconductor Facility in Essex Junction. Mechanical Technician’s responsibilities will include training and certification on processes and equipment in a clean room environment.
As a minimum, the following skills or equivalents are required for this position.
• Must demonstrate a self-motivated work ethic and is able to work in a team environment. Must be able to perform variety of assigned tasks, identify defects and work with team members to fix. A successful candidate becomes a source of information regarding procedures and impact on quality and provides recommendations to minimize problem reoccurrence.
• Ability to acquire new knowledge and develop new skills through on the job training by way of Lean Learning and in classroom setting.
• Ability to perform a variety of mechanical tasks, and dexterity to use hand tools for various levels of complex activities and to complete work correctly the first time - must have strong mechanical skills, including the ability to disassemble, clean and assemble various complex and high tech equipment parts. At least 3 years of hands-on mechanical work experience is required.
• Ability to cross train in various assembly areas of the department’s business, such as Kitting, Quartz cleaning, machine shop, parts delivery and others as assigned.
• Ability to use various equipments for blasting and chemical cleaning of various components.
• A minimum education of a High School Diploma or GED Equivalent and the ability to complete our online 10 page application. Thus valid email addresses that are checked often are necessary to complete the entire application/interview process.
• Ability to perform work by frequent walking from stations to stations, repetitive motions, properly lifting ~40 pounds from time to time, and/or prolonged sitting or standing.
• Must be flexible and willing to work assigned shifts, which will include 40-hour week (5x8) or an AWS (alternate work schedule) which are 12 hour shifts and require working every other weekend.
• Must work with minimal guidance and direction once trained. Must demonstrate flexibility and adaptability with regard to assignments, overtime and work location.
• Good communication skills (fluent English required) and strong math skills are required.
• Must be proficient in using MS windows and be able to learn new software systems for data gathering, reporting and communication.
• U.S. citizenship required
- High School Diploma/GED
- At least 1 year experience in Mechanical disassembly, cleaning and assembly
- English: Fluent
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
IBM - 17 months ago
International Business Machines Corporation (IBM), is an information technology (IT) company. s major operations include Global Technology...