of EEE Parts discipline: Will conduct engineering assessments and will review EEE parts for reliability related performance. Will advise projects on the part selection that maximizes reliability while considering schedule and cost constraints. Will conduct scientific experiments or theoretical analysis to determine the physical behavior of parts in a space-like radiation environment. Will oversee part procurement to ensure compliance with engineering requirements and maintain part inventories.
• Advises projects on part selections that maximize reliability while considering schedule and cost constraints.
• Develops part engineering specifications and drawings.
• Risk assesses part waivers, deficiencies, and failures.
• Applies in-depth knowledge and experience to decide when to release or apply margins.
• Designs/applies test methods, techniques and criteria to reduce part risk to project.
• Applies advanced knowledge of part and project risk knowledge to define part reliability and quality requirements.
• Analyzes screening and qualification test results.
• Participates in development of contract technical documentation and provides contract insight/oversight functions for small contracts.
• Performs complex and wide ranging job functions and activities across disciplines.
• Works independently on key projects and assignments with only limited direction, typically receiving few or no instructions.
• Responsible for approving others work, and ensuring compliance with requirements on key projects and assignments.
• Leads a team for a project, activity, or function within scope of assigned responsibility.
• Interactions normally involve presenting, validating and analyzing complex information.
• Advises and consults with management or equivalent within and outside own organization.
• Bachelors degree in Electrical Engineering, Physics, Materials Science/Engineering, Applied Mathematics or related technical discipline with typically a minimum of 6 years of related experience; Masters degree in similar disciplines with a minimum of 4 years of related experience; or PhD in similar disciplines with a minimum of 2 years related experience.
• Advanced knowledge in one or more of the following areas: RF active devices, RF passive devices, RF hybrid devices and/or RF assemblies.
• Extensive understanding and experience in the selection, procurement, manufacture, use and testing/screening of high reliability electronic parts for space-flight applications.
• Advanced knowledge of industry and/or academic practices and standards across a range of applications related to RF device technologies.
• Ability to provide technical oversight of flight electronic parts tasks including the creation of engineering requirements drawings.
• Substantial ability to multi-task with an established track record of meeting milestone schedules.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Extensive knowledge and substantial use of common computer tools.
• Demonstrated leadership skills.
• Advanced knowledge of Laboratory policies and procedures, NASA policies and procedures, and government regulations across a range of applications.
• RF electronics design, manufacturing and/or testing experience in RF telecommunications spacecraft systems.
• Matlab, Labview, SPICE, C++ or related software programs.
• Knowledge of Military, NASA, TOR, Telcordia and JEDEC specifications and requirements related to RF parts.
• Ability to work well with cross-functional teams, design engineers, line management, and project management.
• Contract Technical Management experience.
• DoD industry experience.
• Active TS//SCI Clearance.
• Ability to obtain TS//SCI Clearance.
If you'd like to discover new worlds with our innovative team and enjoy a competitive salary and impressive benefits with the renowned leader in space exploration, apply now!
If you need special assistance or an accommodation to apply for a posted position, contact our Human Resources department at (818) 354-5150 or Staffing@jpl.nasa.gov.
JPL is an Equal Opportunity Employer devoted to work force diversity.
Jet Propulsion Laboratory - 19 months ago