Primary Operational Objectives:
The Parts Manager is responsible for the management of the Parts Department including mentoring of staff.
Essential Job Functions:
• Responsible for maintaining exceptional customer service with internal and external clients and vendors.
• Responsible for properly identifying, controlling, segregating, and maintaining all stock to a serviceable or unserviceable category as designated the by Maintenance Manager.
• Responsible for the preservation of all articles or parts, while carried in inventory, including parts that are subject to deterioration and shelf-life specifications.
• Responsible for distribution to all pertinent departments any miscellaneous technical information, etc., which is received by the stockroom.
• May delegate to any qualified assistant as necessary; however, such delegation does not relieve the Parts Manager of the overall responsibilities.
• Maintain daily processes including, but not limited to, customer sales, internal parts sales, purchasing, special orders and pricing.
• Maintain daily accounting procedures including, but not limited to, invoicing and purchasing orders.
• Maintain required inventory levels and accurate records.
• Train/monitor mechanics on computer data entries as needed.
• Maintain an orderly and clean department.
• Responsible to follow and comply with all safety rules and regulations
• Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by management
• High school diploma or GED preferred.
• Strong organizational skills required.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills required.
• Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel, and Outlook preferred.
• Previous experience with inventory control required.
• Previous experience with aviation parts preferred.
• Being mechanically inclined is preferred.
• Ability to sit or stand for long periods of time.
• Ability to lift/carry up to 75lbs.
• Required to have visual acuity to determine the accuracy, neatness, and thoroughness of the work assigned.
EEO/AAP/Drug Free Workplace