This job is responsible for ensuring all parts requirements for the use of the Omaha Rental Store fleet. It will also be responsible in assisting with a variety of in-store customer service duties related to the receiving, sale, invoicing and delivery of parts for NMC customers, technicians, service manager, and parts department. |
1. Investigates all back orders with CAT. Reviews CID website opening new requests as needed. Coordinates status updates with CAT relaying relevant information to appropriate personnel. Charges out parts to customers and adds part to appropriate work order.
2. Performs reconciliation with vendors and technicians ensure timeliness of parts. Communicates effectively and works as a team to ensure correct parts are received.
3. Receipts parts into inventory via DBS ensuring changes occur as entered. Secures invoices from vendor and updates work order. Tracks and follows-up on all parts purchase orders.
4. Establishes and maintains a non-CAT part inventory (Allied), setting a reorder amount and controlling the stock levels to ensure a proper balance of cost to usage.
5. Receives incoming overflow calls for parts department and captures critical customer information ordering/pulling parts as appropriate.
6. Enters inspected core part returns into DBS and creates required return vendor paperwork. Tracks and follows-up on status of return. Resolves any discrepancies. Reconciles credits received from return with work order/invoice once received.
7. Processes rapid returns and returns failed parts for warranty via send it back’ program as needed. Prints and completes checklist, pulls parts, enters data and returns to manufacturer. Resolves any discrepancies. Reconciles credits received from return with work order/invoice once received.
8. Reviews, verifies, updates and ensures vendor invoicing is accurate and completed in a timely manner. Researches and resolves discrepancies. Scans all vendor invoices to vendor file and attaches to work orders.
9. May perform other duties as required and assigned.
Additional Tasks/Secondary Job Functions:
Performs contamination control and housekeeping duties in shop as needed.
Assists with Yard Technician to assist in busier times or when there is a gap.
Back fills for Parts Manager when unavailable.
Controls and manages oil testing with NMC lab to ensure compliance.
Reconciles fuel management and inventory control.
Knowledge of SIS, DBS, time and labor entry, expense reimbursement and DSI computer systems preferred.
Knowledge of general parts and equipment used within industry preferred.
Knowledge of general accounting principles: invoicing, COD, etc.
Familiarity with basic principles of inventory control.
Ability and aptitude to learn and maintain basic knowledge of machines and uses of various parts.
Ability to follow-up until issue is resolved.
Ability to act with professionalism and diplomacy when communicating with customer/technician/sales personnel.
Ability to provide exceptional customer service to ensure high customer satisfaction.
Ability to work well as a team member.
Self-motivated and able to work with a sense of urgency to meet deadlines and address competing priorities.
Skills in attention to detail, follow-up, time management, multi-tasking and problem solving.
Strong skills in effective oral, written, interpersonal and listening.
Skills in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.).
Education and Experience:
High School diploma or equivalent required.
Minimum of 1-2 years of sales support or customer service experience required.
Experience working in similar industry preferred.
NMC is an equal opportunity employer and affords equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or membership in any class protected by applicable local, state or federal law.
NMC, Inc. - 17 months ago