Cummins Crosspoint, LLC is one of the largest distributors for Cummins engines, parts and service in the world. We are now accepting applications for a Parts Washer in our Cross Lanes, WV location.
This position is for an individual that must have basic mechanical knowledge, aptitude, and physical capability required to operate manual and automatic cleaning equipment in the wash bay area. This person is responsible for cleaning engines and parts as well as the operation and basic maintenance of the equipment in the cleaning areas. Additionally, this position is responsible for the surface preparation and reconditioning of parts to company standards with supplied tools and training. This person is accountable for the general cleanliness and organization of the cleaning areas. Capability of position will be furnished by the company.
· Clean engines and basic maintenance of the equipment in the cleaning areas.
· Must be able to operate all cleaning equipment including high pressure spray washer, Hotsy rotational parts washer, hot dip tank, individual parts washers, and pneumatic tools, while utilizing all required PPE, in the rebuild wash bay area. Training will be provided as needed.
· Surface preparation to company standards.
· Recondition parts with supplied tools and training.
· General cleanliness and organization of the cleaning areas.
· Move parts and engines as directed by supervision.
· Load and unload engines from trucks.
· Perform janitorial duties on a temporary basis.
· Complete Cummins supplied training programs.
· Communication, job planning and documentation skills must be excellent.
· Perform high quality work on time.
· A demonstrated commitment to personal and worksite safety.
· Basic workmanship and coordination skills with hand tools.
· Capable of operating a fork truck, training will be provided as necessary.
· 100% commitment to safety.
· Ability to operate under minimum supervision.
· Attention to detail is a must.
· Adherence to company policies and procedures.