Both founded in 1966, Camping World is America’s #1 source for RVs, camping accessories, RV maintenance and repair and the Good Sam Club is the world’s largest RV owners organization with 1.3 million members offering discounts at the Club’s nationwide network of 1,700 Good Sam parks and resorts, vacation planning, roadside assistance and more to serve the outdoor enthusiast! Partnered together, Camping World and Good Sam Club offer more to those who love the RV lifestyle!
Camping World features over 10,000 quality RV parts and accessories located at over 85 SuperCenters nationwide and easy online and catalog shopping as well as stocking a wide selection of new and used travel trailers and motorhomes from top RV manufacturers. In addition to RV Sales, Camping World offers RV and tow vehicle service and maintenance; collision centers; detail and refurbishment centers known as the RV SPA; RV rentals, technical advice from knowledgeable experts and hard to find parts. Camping World also offers a full line of unique ancillary services through Good Sam, including emergency road service, specialized RV insurance,extended vehicle warranties, Good Sam Visa card, life & health insurance, and member discounts at RV events. Camping World is the title sponsor of the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series in addition to the Official RV and Outdoor Retailer of NASCAR.
- Manages all phases of store operations to ensure maximum sales and profitability by creating an environment that is merchandise driven and customer focused
- Plans and manages sales and expense budget guidelines for entire complex
- Manages daily results through setting goals and training employees
- Develops unique ways to drive sales through events, community activities and other local marketing opportunities
- Identifies key product drivers for merchandise presentation to enhance sales
- Collaborates with the Merchandising and Marketing departments to increase sales
- Obtains and analyzes customers’ feedback to identify opportunities in product lines and services
- Manages all aspects of the business to ensure that focus stays on key business initiatives, store presentation, marketing execution and daily operational cost control
- Recruits, selects and trains staff and assists with developmental opportunities
- Communicates and models company initiatives, goals and policies
- Maintains a safe work area for customers and co-workers
Keyword: General Manager, gm, retail, sales, rsm, RV, rv, R.V., r.v., manager, manage, management, parts, accessories, accessory, car, truck, boat, marine, recreational vehicle
- Bachelor’s degree preferred or equivalent experience
- 3-5 years of experience in multi-department management is required
- Ability to lead and manage a profit center, handle multiple tasks, plan and prepare work schedules for optimum coverage, communicate in a professional and tactful manner
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships, analyze and write reports, use independent judgment and discretion to address both short and long term issues, handle problems and facilitate successful outcomes, accept additional tasks, duties and/or direction from management.
- Strong computer skills
- Comprehensive knowledge of retail management, merchandising, inventory and shrinkage control, security methods, customer service and consumer behavior
- Excellent interpersonal, planning and organizational skills
- Forklift experience/certification preferred or ability to be certified required
- Valid Driver’s License Required
From: Camping World
Camping World - 21 months ago
Camping World Inc. is America's largest recreational vehicle (RV), outdoor accessory and service retailer. Good Sam is the world’s...