The starting hourly wage for this position is $9.75
HORIZON AIR STORY
Horizon Air: behind the name are men and women with a "can-do" spirit and a passion for excellence. Launched in 1981, Horizon Air provides service to cities throughout California, Oregon, Washington, Idaho, Montana, Nevada, Baja California Sur (Mexico), and British Columbia and Alberta (Canada). Together, Horizon Air and sister carrier Alaska Airlines serve more than 90 cities and are subsidiaries of Alaska Air Group Inc. (NYSE: ALK).
It's a heartfelt approach, as much as technological innovations and customer-pleasing onboard service, that is at the core of the "Horizon experience". This has brought us national and international recognition: Horizon Air was named "Regional Airline of the Year" by Air Transport World magazine in 2007 and was also ranked among the top 10 domestic single-class airlines by Travel+Leisure magazine readers from 2002 through 2009.
- Provide frontline customer service to our passengers
- Works directly with passengers in ticket purchases, passenger check-in, and flight boarding involving the heavy use of a computer based reservation program (IMAGE)
- Other duties as assigned
OUR CULTURE - HORIZON AIR
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Minimum age of 18
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S
- Previous customer service experience preferred
- Friendly, knowledgeable and polite in all situations
- Strong diplomacy and teamwork skills
- Keyboard proficiency required
- Excellent oral communication skills
- Strong problem solving skills
- Ability to lift 50 pounds required
- Ability to work flexible schedules to include weekends and holidays required
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks in a fast-paced and at times stressful environment
- Ability to perform basic mathematics required
- Bilingual strongly preferred (Spanish/English)
- Regular and predictable attendance required
- If selected, ability to attend two weeks of training required
For eligible employees, our company offers a competitive total rewards package that includes insurance coverage (medical, dental and vision care), a 401(k) retirement savings plan, monthly and annual incentive bonus plans, time off and a generous employee travel program (with flight privileges on Alaska Airlines as well).
Key to Horizon Air's success is its distinctive culture, where partnership thrives and co-workers go out of their way to help each other. Each day, employees are guided by the shared values of Integrity, Heart, Partnership, Innovation/Initiative and Continuous Improvement. Horizon Air also fosters a diverse and inclusive culture and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please apply on or before: February 10, 2013.
Internet Explorer 8 or above, running on Windows, is the browser that is strongly recommended to successfully submit your application. If you choose to use another browser, your application may not come through successfully.
A few helpful tips when applying -
~Before applying, we recommend that you clear your browsing history including your temporary internet files and disable pop-up blockers.
~Gather your paperwork, including your work history, resume etc. - before you apply to the position.
~Once in the application, be sure to use the links provided to return to the previous page if needed. The back button is not compatible with our system.
Alaska Airlines and Horizon Air - 30+ days ago
Whether you want to capture a Kodiak moment or down a daiquiri by the Sea of Cortez, an Alaska Air Group airplane can fly you there. Operati...