Victoria Gastro Pub opened in December of 2007 in Columbia, Maryland. The main objective of our kitchen is to serve innovative twists on classic pub fare that stress quality and freshness with every recipe, and every ingredient. The menu items draw from both national and international cooking traditions and remain in harmony with the seasonal availability of high-quality ingredients. All of our desserts are made fresh from scratch in house and are ever- changing depending on the freshest seasonal ingredients we can get in. An extensive, and creative, Beer and Wine List is an integral part of the concept as well. We have a very active Beer and Cork Club and host monthly Tasting dinners as well as various other events throughout the year. We continue to be recognized for our uniqueness and success with awards from the Restaurant Association of Maryland, Baltimore Magazine, Baltimore Style Magazine, Howard Magazine and more.
Additionally, the Pastry Chef should strive to create a team-like environment and earn the respect of team members. We are looking for someone who demonstrates efficiency and speed, organization, the ability to perform well in a fast-paced work environment, focuses on quality, takes pride in their work, and above all is ALWAYS a Team Player! We take great pride in our quality food, and clean, efficient kitchen.
As Pastry Chef of Victoria Gastro Pub you will be expected to:
- Produce and create desserts for the Restaurant
- Create desserts for monthly beer dinners and private party menus
- Produce specialty cakes and wedding cakes on an as needed basis
- Order necessary supplies for bake shop
- Inventory supplies and desserts on regular basis
- Track pars and food costs for desserts and bread
- Design plate presentations for a la carte desserts and implement to staff
- Keep dessert station stocked with all necessary dessert products
- Work well with others
- Work efficiently to produce quality and consistent products
- Manage other pastry staff
- Have general culinary knowledge of basic kitchen practices, protocols, sanitation and procedures