The Pastry Cook I is responsible for assisting with the preparation of pastries, breads, and other baked products for all banquet, buffet, and a la carte services. Duties typically include food/ingredient preparation. Success will be measured by guest satisfaction, attitude, quality of product, cleanliness and organization of designated work areas. Starting wage is $11.00-$11.34/hour (based on qualifications). A $200.00 bonus is available upon successful completion of training program.
- Previous experience with baking/pastry preparation in a full-service restaurant or upscale catering environment strongly preferred. Culinary certification(s) and/or training helpful. The ideal candidate will have had at least six (6) months of prior experience with preparation of baked goods, pastries, and/or cakes in a fine dining or comparable catering setting with exposure to banquet and buffet production as well as a la carte service.
- Basic math and baking/pastry preparation skills.
- Knowledge of food sanitation procedures. ServSafe certification preferred.
- Ability to read and execute recipes.
- Able to work effectively with or without direct supervision.
- Strong time management and organizational skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to be proactive, exercise good judgment, and take initiative where needed.
- Commitment to delivering world class guest service and dining experiences.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment as part of an effective and successful team.
· Able to sit, stand, twist, bend, push, pull, walk, and lift up to 50 pounds on a regular basis for periods of up to 10 hours a day.
· Able to work effectively in a kitchen environment with fluctuations in temperature and conditions (heat, cold, humidity) for an extended period of time.
The Biltmore Company doesn't need to build more. It oversees the Biltmore Estate, which includes the 250-room home (the largest...