* This position is responsible for maintaining, setting up, producing food and controlling quality of all food items prepared in the pastry station.
* Prepares all volume food inters according to standard recipes and specifications to ensure consistency of product.
* Checks and controls the proper storage an rotation of product, checking on portion control to maintain a quality product.
* Practice inventory controls, including the preparation of and pick up of item from the storeroom.
* Stores all food in refrigerated boxes including covers, labels and dates.
Required Skills & Experience:
* Minimum of 1 year's experience with a good working knowledge of the fundamentals of cooking, baking and pastry.
* Culinary or pastry diploma or degree preferred.
* Ability to work under pressure, handle multiple tasks and difficult situations
* Knowledge of operating all kitchen equipment, i.e.: sheeters, mixers, tilt skillets.
* Basic mathematical skills, i.e.: ability to do basic conversions
Loews Hotels - 23 months ago